Movies that changed your life

Oh yeah....that movie was awesome in it's day.

Also I forgot to mention 2001 a space odyessy.

Man I can't stand 2001 ASO. While it's a good show it drags on. They make everything slooow.

and I have some of the movies mentioned and seen em all.

sigh, too many movies too short a life.

oh yeah, found another place to put up a shelf in my room and now my DVD collection is up there. :cool:

Last edited:
Somewhere there was someone telling me there was a third story line for 2001. I think if memory serves it was i think 2020 the year we make contact. I haven't found out anything about it but maybe they decided not to make it.

I have both Space Odyssy movies and have even read both of the books. Not aware of a 3rd movie but heard some rumors about someone doing a remake of 2001.

The first time I saw the 2001 movie, I was at a missile battery in Korea. We had free movies, 1 every night. When the 2001 movie ended and the lights came back on, we all looked at each other and everybody was saying stuff like, "What the H*ll was that?" We told the projectionist to play it again. Watched it 3 times that night and still didn't understand it. The book makes it much easier to understand what happens in the end.

Last edited:
Man I can't stand 2001 ASO. While it's a good show it drags on. They make everything slooow.

and I have some of the movies mentioned and seen em all.

sigh, too many movies too short a life.

oh yeah, found another place to put up a shelf in my room and now my DVD collection is up there. :cool:

When you want to watch a particular movie, how do you find it? How are the DVDs organized in those spindles?

I have a database and it's in alphabetical order.

Sometimes I choose a spindle and decide what movies to watch out of it.

What exactly does your database tell you, which spindle the movie is on? Once you know which spindle, how long does it take to sort thru all the DVDs on the spindle to find the exact movie you're looking for?

I used to have a rack where the DVDs with their covers were kept. They were put into the rack in alphabetical order and a particular DVD could be located fairly quickly by reading the title from the spline of the cover. Of course, as my collection grew, it took too much space for all the DVDs with their covers which is the main reason I shucked the covers and the DVDs and went to digital media. I still have tubs full of DVDs in their covers which are stacked on shelves in my garage. I suppose I should sell them at a garage sale or something like that.

I threw away the cases because they took up room pretty quick. The DVDs are in alphabetical order in the spindles and I look at the top to see whereabouts the DVDs are.

I don't mind the work involved in sorting them. When I add a DVD or two they all are shifted over. The stack of three are unsorted and the top two are movies I haven't watched yet. The bottom one are TV seasons without the cases. They came in sleeves.

The thrift store was a gold mine with the TV season sets. I got all these there. Those with ($) were sleeved.

01 The Big Bang Theory - Season 2 - $2

02 All In The Family - Season 1 - $2

03 CSI:NY - Season 1 - $3

04 Northern Exposure - Season 2 - $2

05 Everybody Loves Raymond - Season 1 - $3

06 Arrested Development - Season 1-2 - $4

07 24 - Season 4-6-7 - $8

08 Mad About You - Season 1-2-3 - $7

09 The War At Home - Season 1 - $2

10 Moonlighting - Season 1 - $3

11 Just Shoot Me - Season 1-2 - $3

12 House - Season 2-3-6 - $6

13 CSI - Season 5 - $3

14 ER - Season 1 - ($4)

15 That 70s Show - Season 1-3 - $(5)

16 3rd Rock From The Sun - Season 1 - ($5)

17 Tales From The Crypt - Season 1 - ($5)

18 Married With Children - Season 1 - ($5)

19 The Jeff Foxsworthy Show - Season 1 - ($2)

20 Seinfeld - Season 1-2-3-4 - $9

21 X Files - Seasons 8-9 - $2

22 Castle - Season 1 - $2

23 Burn Notice - Season 1 - $2

24 Cheers - Season 1 - $3

25 The King of Queens - Season 3 - $3

26 Scrubs - Season 2 - $2

27 Nip Tuck Season 1 - $3

28 The Office - Season 1 3 - $4

29 F Troop - Season 1 - $3

30 Tudors - Season 1 - $2

31 Jamie Kennedy Experiment - Season 1 - $3

32 Grey's Anatomy - Season 1-2 $4

33 Chuck - Season 1 - $2

34 The Mentalist - Season 2 - $2

35 The West Wing - Season 2 - $2

36 Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 - $3

37 Breaking Bad - Season 1 - $2

38 Prison Break - Season 1 - $3

39 The Practice Season 1 (EP 1-8)

40 Entourage - Season 1 - $3

41 Smallville - Season 3 - $3

42 Ali G - Seasons 1-2 - $3

43 Newlyweds - Season 1 - $2

Life changing movies? Yeah, not so life changing but I would recommend "Shooter". Watched it again recently and its still as good as it was the first time.

Back
Top Bottom