Microphone Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,
I have a DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250Gb motherboard on which I play a lot of games (system 1 on my signiture). A lot of my games i like to talk to others using my microphone but for some reason the microphone works horribly on this system. If i yell at the top of my lungs or blow into it you can hear me, but a normal tone of voice is a soft whisper. Im sure it isnt the microphone itself because it world perfectly on my other computer (system 2 on my signiture).

I have been all throughout the microphone options in my volume control on Windows XP and still nothing but a soft whisper (This includes turning all setting up to maximum). Also, I have installed the newest drivers via the DFI website and still no good.

At this point I have started looking at new sound cards to replace the in-board sound card i have now. The only reasonably priced sound card i have found with good reviews would be the Turtle Beach - Model: Santa Cruz. I was very close to buying it (despite the fact no audio cable is included) untill i noticed there are some reviews were people say the microphone abilities are horrible.

Any help on what I should do, either to fix it so my current motherboard or suggestions on a new sound card (under 75.00 preferred) would be greatly appriciated. Thank you for any help provided.

-Weasel

Try this

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=272634#post272634

Also, under File, select advanced controls and see if an advanced button appears under the mic section. If it does, click it and see if the mic boost is enabled, if not, enable it.

When you set the volume of the mic in windows, you only set it for the volume that comes out of your speakers, not the input volume. The recording section is where you turn up the volume of your mic. When you turn it up on the playback section, its just so that you can mix it in with the wav, cd-audio, aux, etc etc.

Dont think that just because it says recording means you dont need to change it because your not recording. Trust me on this one.

Let me know if that helped, if not, i'll try to help you out some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom