Making a smaller size video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Bah, well I made a video with fraps but my problem is after running it at 29 fps, the video exceeds 400 MB of only 28 seconds of film.

I dont know what file types compress video files, Im not sure but I think .avi may, but im not sure how to convert a .veg (sony vegas 6) file into a .avi or even .wmv

:confused:

maybe your sony has some software for compression.

try moviemaker also.

maybe post this in the audio/mutimedia thread

"I am soo sleepy, goodnight..."

google a program called CinemaForge.... It converts video files, WERD UP. :cool:

To compress Fraps video files, get VirtualDub. Then go download the XviD codec for it. Use that program to compress a .avi file at a 1000-2000kbps bitrate. 1000kbps (what I use) will turn a 4.0GB video file into a 50MB video file, with decent quality (I can still read text in BF2).

You might want to try some other codecs/programs to make the output video resolution smaller. A low-res video at a high bitrate looks much better than a high-res video at a low bitrate, even when you fullscreen them both.

TriEclipse said:
To compress Fraps video files, get VirtualDub. Then go download the XviD codec for it. Use that program to compress a .avi file at a 1000-2000kbps bitrate. 1000kbps (what I use) will turn a 4.0GB video file into a 50MB video file, with decent quality (I can still read text in BF2).

You might want to try some other codecs/programs to make the output video resolution smaller. A low-res video at a high bitrate looks much better than a high-res video at a low bitrate, even when you fullscreen them both.

Thank you.

I will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom