MAJOR problems on my laptop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mummer43

Baseband Member
There are 3 trojans that Norton can't remove and there is also an error that prevents me from opening any programs. Everytime I click on a program, it says "xxxx.exe has produced errors and is shutting down." or something like that. And it never opens. I can't run any spyware and there's a stupid toolbar that I can't get rid of.

Help!!

The question asked was about problems with trojans and the computer not working correctly. He/she is told to get rid of Nortons and change the browser. Not very helpful, in my opinion.

Mummer43, do download firefox if you can from the link provided www.getfirefox.com but first...... download HJT from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis.php

You may have to download it from another computer, save to a floppy disk then download from your floppy disk to the infected computer.

Click to open and click on Scan and save log. Save the log to floppy disk, go to a clean computer and post it in the section here called HijackThis Logs (analyze)

Let an expert give you appropriate things to do. Do NOT fix things in the log until given instructions what to do.

Good luck

Piney

In my post I actauly did tell him to dl AVG and hijackthis and to run them...

if he doesn't know how to use them after dl he should ask.

Ste said:
get ride of norton, norton sucks, download AVG, update it and run it in safe mode ull be fine.
oh and don't use IE dl firefox.

How many times has Ste and others said this? NORTON SUCKS! GET ANOTHER AV!

Please, can 1 million (or so) guys be wrong?

Thanks for all the help! I got a friend of mine tohelp me and all is well!! Great site!

shuaibao said:
How many times has Ste and others said this? NORTON SUCKS! GET ANOTHER AV!

Please, can 1 million (or so) guys be wrong?

im sry we're honest....ill try to lie more by saying norton owns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom