Lost Coast Benches. How will it perform on your system? Read here

Status
Not open for further replies.
nubius, wtf is wrong with you signature, please please change it.

anyways, it looks great, wish i had a comp to play it on.

nubius, wtf is wrong with you signature, please please change it
No

its FarCry's HDR that looks like crap.
I was unaware of far cry even attempting to add in HDR....the game was made before all this HDR became a 'must have' for the games and hell it's just NOW becoming mainstream it looks like...plus far cry was pretty much unknown until people started playing it, decided it was awesome and then it got popular.

IMO Ubisoft did a good job with the HDR in SCCT
Meh, gotta disagree there....the only major thing I noticed was the rocks were 'shiney'...it looks nothing like how lost coast will be, plus I don't think they really had the whole 'eyes' adjusting did they?

Well looks like my upgrades were worth it afterall since I can play this stuff at decent settings, wasn't really worried about the CPU but the video card and now I'm glad my money was well spent

I'm kinda annoyed that games are starting to eat away so much RAM now since I don't want to deal with 2GB

Is it really tomorow though? I've seen tons of update news about preloading DOD and all that crap but nothing on lost coast...if it really is coming tomorow that's pretty rad...lol I remember first reading back in like November of last year "coming soon" DOD:S and here it finally is

yeah, valve sucks my balls when it comes to release dates...and that crap is annoying, they need to shut their damn mouths instead of saying 'coming soon' which = next year or 'in a couple weeks' for lost coast back in march and here it is JUST now coming out.

Last I heard it was SUPPOSED to come out with DoD, but hell who knows, they could pull some more BS and wait another week for all I know...I believe I will be waiting for my RMA'd RAM to hopefully come in this week before I wind up playing lost coast even if it comes out tomorrow...I'm only working with 512mb underclocked valueRAM right now

well by this point it's been so freakin drawn out, the hype is whats killing it....it'll be interesting for a few minutes then you'll think 'Jesus, it took this long for these guys to put it out?'

Nubius said:
Why? You should just try to play it at 1024x768 which is good enough and possibly hope for 2xAA...I'd rather have that over 1280x1024 no AA any day.

Well, I have an LCD, and its native resolution is 1280x1024....so anything but that res doesn't look too good.

*EDIT* I know CRTs make games look better, but my LCD is so much easier on my eyes, and with school and everything, gaming has had to take a back seat in my life.

I've got an LCD too in which I run it at 1280x1024, but a desktop compared to a game is completely different. 1024x768 is fine even on an LCD and no doubt you'd get a better picture with the 2xaa and 1024x768 then trying to leave it all up to a higher resolution.

All LCD's are created differently. I've seen 1024x768 look fine on an LCD, but i've also seen 1024x768 look like trash on one too, and no matter how much AA was used, the image was still fuzzy as all hell. thats why both of my monitors are CRT, so i don't have to put up with the BS that comes with having an LCD, let alone two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom