Looked at gun site with work issued ipad

LaMesa

Beta member
Hello,

Maybe a little bit paranoid.

I am a teacher and have a work issued ipad.

I looked at a gun manufacturer website, at home, during non-work hours.

Will my employer know I looked at the site if I was browsing from my home internet network?

I don't see them finding out unless they check the history and you have used your home Wi-Fi . If you log on to your Work Network their will be "Foot Prints" left being from your self but on your home internet, no.

If your concerned wipe the history, cookies, and all DATA with in your browser; not the actual DATA on the Tablet but your Browsing History and then reboot.

Like previously said, unless they have monitoring software or something similar they probably won't know...but this is why you don't visit personal sites on work issued devices (even during non-work hours) - unless your employer permits it.

Do people still do it? Sure - but it's up to the employer to decide when to take action against an employee that's visiting personal sites on work-issued devices.

Thanks for reply guys.

They have software from this company here. https://www.absolute.com/en

It looks like it is intended for preventing theft and deleting sensitive data if a device fell into the wrong hands. But I am sure anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom