Large games burnable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjaccardi

Baseband Member
Just tried to backup my game and my software said that my blank dvd didnt have enough space. Is there anyway to back up this game using Sonic RecordNow delux

If the game is a dvd9 (larger than 4.38gb) it won't fit on a recordable dvd.

You would need a dvd rip of the game (some stuff taken out, and the video downgraded, etc.)

I do not favor them, they tend to shorten the lifespan of the laser in the ps2.

you know what percent of ps2 games are larger than 4.38gb? I tryed to backup metal gear 2 but it said it was to large.

how much larger are you talking about? you can overburn DVDs just like CD's, the extra space may be what you need. check your burning software for help on overburning. if not enough you will have to try as obiwani says and rip parts out or wait a year until dual layer single sided DVD recordable blank disc come out into the market.

Xenosaga, MGS:Substance, and the new GT are dvd9.

here is a toc list I found awhile back:

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 17
You know I have dvdx copy and it compresses dvds9s into standard dvd-r size files automatically....only thing it doesnt have a way of doing games, I wish there was one . I heard someone say they do you use 321 studios dvdx copy to make dvd games backups but never found out exactly how they do it..Oh well I guess Ill have to wait a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom