Lap me gently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i honestly think he would have the balls to do it. Because getting a chip like that is for a serious computer person, or a person that has money to spend. Slay, is both lol. So i think he would have no problem lapping it, because he knows how to do it and has had practice.

Slay, you are one crazy dude :p.

I lapped mine, I might eventually redo it though. I think it's still a tiny bit uneven.

I've had quite a bit of practice now too, and while I wouldn't be worried about ruining the cpu by lapping it I'd be worried about not being able to get a refund when I push the voltage just that leetle bit too much :p

Haven't burned one out completely in ages either, but I've sure made it so it wouldn't run above stock lol :p don't really want to take that chance with this one

yep I'll admit it. I'm chicken. For all the money I spend on my rig I don't exactly have 1.5k to just throw down the drain tho :p Once I get my WC setup I'll start bumping the voltage over 1.4v and see where I can really get this thing.
I've heard lapping is great for WC, because it means a thinner layer of metal between the water and the heat. So I guess we'll see if I can work up the guts to get the sandpaper out :grin:

^Lapping the cpu ya....im not sure because im no expert i the area, but are water blocks flat? IM pretty sure they are so no need to lap them (you prolly already know this, im just thinking out...text*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom