Job for high schoolers with techy interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
So its my last year in high school and I want to get a job to pay for my expenses (cell phone, computer parts etc..).

You see I can work at Walmart, McDonalds and such but I feel like I don't belong there since they are doing practically nothing. I mean I have experience in fixing computer (hardware installation, building computers, software, setting up websites, html, css, php, etc...). So do I just stick with that ordinary job as being in retail or the cashier? Or do I have something better during my free time with my skills?

Geek Squad? Umm... Firedog for Staples? I don't really know what you need to get a job like that, but I'm sure having some experience helps.

Electronics in WallyWorld could be a starter. When I'm in there I end up helping people find what they actually need, and I don't even work there. Same thing at Best Buy and Circuit City... I'm beginning to see a trend.

Ask around at some local computer shops, you might get lucky.

Best Buy or Circuit City (or whatever's similar around you) would be best. You'll learn a lot about technology, customer service, sales, etc. and you can make it look pretty good on a resume. Places like that are in desperate need of folks who actually know what they're doing, anyhow and they're sure to pay better and offer way better benefits than Wally World will.

in order to be in the geek squad or firedog you have to have your A+, and the job itself probably wont get you far with what your wanting to do

your best bet is to go to school/college and take computer classes
then get some kind of internship with an actual company and just bust your *** to make it

but until then theres nothing wrong with flipping burgers to make money, everyone starts somewhere

Firedog doesn't require A+, just general computer and troubleshooting/repair knowledge. I used to work for Circuit City so I know. I can't think of a single Firedog employee that was A+ certified.

**** that dude go freelance if you have programming skills

or sell builds on ebay... just list it for 40-50 more than what it costs to build, then once they order it buy the parts, build it, and send it off

even better just make a website of some kind and put ads on it... or a gpt site those bring in some nice cash... pm for details?

^^ edit

**** that dude go freelance if you have programming skills

or sell builds on ebay... just list it for 40-50 more than what it costs to build, then once they order it buy the parts, build it, and send it off

even better just make a website of some kind and put ads on it... or a gpt site those bring in some nice cash... pm for details?

^^ edit

good question, i was gonna ask something similar... and i got my answer

Firedog doesn't require A+, just general computer and troubleshooting/repair knowledge. I used to work for Circuit City so I know. I can't think of a single Firedog employee that was A+ certified.

well the circuit city around here literally just got firedog and they require it
but those jobs are such chit i know alot of people that work for geek squad and its boring and you dont really get payed for ****.
but me and my dad have gotten about 80 customers because of geek squad lol
one lady was given a quote of like 600 bucks to fix her computer, and i offered to do it for a third of the price and she ended up giving me 300, and referred me and my dad to alot of people, now we get atleast 500 bucks every other week from fixing random computers, putting it all into a saving account for when i figure out what im going to go to college for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom