Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yes, and i never said it would not when i agreed with you that we would use what ever is viable at the time, weather it be mw's, a form of radiation, or any other form.

^yes, and i never said it would not when i agreed with you that we would use what ever is viable at the time, weather it be mw's, a form of radiation, or any other form.
Isn't that a contradiction?
you're saying there will definitely be major problems, yet at the same time that it may be viable?

^no, that we will use any method that is viable at the time. (well as viable as we have) . How is that contradicting myself? Im not saying that there will still not be problems, but my point is, we may find a way to get rid of some, or all of those problems, so we would use that way. So at the time when we do that, we would use the viable option. You getting me?

^no, that we will use any method that is viable at the time. (well as viable as we have) . How is that contradicting myself? Im not saying that there will still not be problems, but my point is, we may find a way to get rid of some, or all of those problems, so we would use that way. So at the time when we do that, we would use the viable option. You getting me?
You're saying there will be major problems, yet at the same time it may be viable.....

This is fun, its making my post count go up. which in turn makes me look more important.
Here is a tip, if you care about post count go into the building and buying section of the forums and answer noob questions 24/7. You will be doing a service and wracking up posts at the same time.

You're saying there will be major problems, yet at the same time it may be viable.....
Ya, he said that like 2 pages ago. We don't know till we try. And I wouldn't say we shouldn't try until... wait for it.... down below
Do you have experimental evidence for that?
No, I haven't seen any.

Do you have experimental evidence for that?

Your using burden of proof. Not exactly the most fair of arguments because you absolve yourself of all responsibility for proving your argument. In essence you are saying " I am right until proven wrong"

Well I contest that. Prove to me it is practical. Do you have experimental evidence for that? Because so far you have been asking empty questions.

^who says wer are going to be using micro waves when we do this
Well that is the main way scientists are looking at doing it...

i was just throwing out possible power losses in the process of doing this.
I was just saying that no power source has 100% efficiency. When you burn coal, it produces light because its burning right? Well we dont harness that do we... wasted energy again...

Your using burden of proof.
Now that's a strawman.
I'm not saying "it definitely is 100% feasible"
I'm saying scientific investigation should be done to see if it's feasible. And I'm saying that your argument doesn't really hold.

You have said that there will definitely be major problems with efficiency, and that there will definitely be major problems with interference from the atmosphere or planes.
I posted arguments to show why yours were invalid. That doesn't mean I hold the stance that it is definitely 100% feasible. I don't. Hence I'm not holding a position that requires proof.

Science: the process of finding facts using empirical evidence

Hypothesis: an idea posited that has yet to be tested
Whether a hypothesis is worth considering or testing depends on whether the idea is falsifiable, and the likelihood of it generating scientific knowledge.

In this case, the hypothesis is the idea of using solar panels in orbit, to then transfer their power to Earth, without using wires.
I've simply tried to show here that the idea, given our current knowledge, might be possible, and that it warrants further testing.

That, and I just saw your argument against it and it didn't seem to add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom