I'm calling B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PH3N0M

In Runtime
Okay, so this guy on another forum tells me that he's running a Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz and his temps are 35c idle and 45c load...on AIR. My reply was -

Ha! I'm calling B.S. on that. Unless you have an AC directly blowing into your case, you're not achieving those temps with air cooling. I'm a member of several large forums and everyone running with temps of 35c @ 4Ghz has a liquid setup. When you post the screenshot of CPU-Z showing your clock speed along with RealTemp or CoreTemp showing your temperatures, then I will believe it.

So, tell me, am I wrong? I find it rather hard to believe that anyone could achieve 4Ghz @ 35c-45c on air, no matter what kind of fan you have.

I would expect around a 20C delta from idle to load. No way he could run just 10C.

What is he stressing with?

Have him run IBT to really see what his load temps really are.

I agree with hefe that the small delta between his idle and load temps is more suspicions that the temps themselves. Running Linx, which is very similar to IBT, my load temps are 16-17c higher than idle so it's conceivable he could have gotten a 10c difference by using a less stressful program like Orthos or Prime95 although if that is the case the load temps don't really mean much.

It's possible, depends on a lot of things. He could have a high-end CPU cooler, and good ambient temps. But the delta as stated above seems odd.

I'm agreeing with Hefe 100%. I'll go out on a limb and say my air setup is about as good as it gets, or I'm in the 95% range at least. And at 4.2GHz I'm probably averaging 38-39 at idle and mid 60's at load on a cool morning with the AC on super high.

Tell him to run this for 10 minutes if he can :D
IntelBurnTest v2.3 download from Guru3D.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom