IE won't connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden ghost

Beta member
I am using Firefox but have a program that needs to use IE, long story. Firefox works but IE will not connect. It says there is no internet connection.
I have a router and use Open DNS. I think one of those could be a problem. If I disconnect the router and hook up directly to my computer neither Firefox or IE works.
Any ideas??

It sounds like you didnt modify the Internet Protocol aspect so that Ie can connect still.

start_win7_6.gif

This step looks like it was missed in your setup of OpenDNS. Go back to the site and find your OS in use to find the instructions to modify the correct aspect.

Can also try something like IE Tab in Firefox. It is one of the many Ie based extensions for Firefox. It might work for you.

Ok I tried that. That setup was in my router set up. I checked my email from DNS and they had me add those two address also. I'm not sure why they were not there when I just checked. Anyway, I just added them and it still does not work. Anything else??
One more thing. Napster is the program I'm trying to get running. I get the same notice from it, “No internet connection”. They do not support Firefox so they gave me some help trying to get IE running with no help. They said in IE to click tools, internet options, and then settings. Well, “Settings” is not highlighted so I can't click on it.
Whatever is stopping IE from connecting is also stopping Napster.

In IE go to Internet Options and then click on Connections tab.
Next click on LAN Settings button and check is you have not set any proxy as on attachment.
Or check the setting with Firefox, it should be the same.
DNS setup has nothing with it since both FF and IE are using same network to connect with same DNS setup.

If I disconnect the router and hook up directly to my computer neither Firefox or IE works.
It is because you have setup your router as Default Gateway (statically or via DHCP) and DNS server probably as well.

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 65
In IE go to Internet Options and then click on Connections tab.
Next click on LAN Settings button and check is you have not set any proxy as on attachment.
Or check the setting with Firefox, it should be the same.
DNS setup has nothing with it since both FF and IE are using same network to connect with same DNS setup.

It is because you have setup your router as Default Gateway (statically or via DHCP) and DNS server probably as well.

I got it. It was the proxy and it and Napster worked after I changed it. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom