I don't wanna say I told you so, But I told you so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol - I remember a few people that had huge hissing cockroaches up their butts, saying, "Oh, Havoc why would you buy the 7900GTX when the G80's & R600's are right around the corner." Blah, Blah, Blah.... It's just stupid... Wait for the DX10 cards...

Yeah, hold your hand on your butts now for DX10 cards....

Whoa, you like got on as soon as i posted that......scary. But i agree, i saw to much of that. Not to mention all the dont get a 7800GS and get a 6800GS and hold out until G80. Well how dumb do you feel now huh? LOL

just like when the 6xxx series first came out I swear people were saying "JUST WAIT! THE 7xxx CARDS ARE COMING OUT SOON!"

Everytime theres a new generation, you always here "NAH JUST WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONES!"

Well jeez, by their logic, when SHOULD you freakin buy a card.......you could always just wait!

I'm not going to upgrade my video/motherboard/CPU anytime soon becuase my 6800GT still has horsepower to spare, and I just can't afford it. Especially since I just laid down $550 on an SLR.

same thing went on during graphics cards wars part 1 back when DX6 and DX7 came out in the windows98 days

back then you had to have like 3 AGP cards cause not all of them would do openGL, DX, and voodoo whatever........any card would do at least 2 of them, but not all 3.........then on top of that the games were so buggy that some cards would crash while another would be just fine

you cant win the "should I wait or buy now" game with graphics cards or cpu's anymore, pick your poison and deal with it

P.P. Mguire said:
Whoa, you like got on as soon as i posted that......scary. But i agree, i saw to much of that. Not to mention all the dont get a 7800GS and get a 6800GS and hold out until G80. Well how dumb do you feel now huh? LOL
Indeed and that is still my advice if I am to buy good expensive hardware I want it to last 5 years at a minimum not a little less than a year. The 6800GS a great option yet.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, it looks like The 7900GTX & X1900XTX cards will remain the fastest cards on the market for at least 10 to 12 more months.
Well then I guess I won't be getting another card for another 10-12 months.

mac_mogul said:
Its beginning to look like Microsoft will NEVER release Vista...:rolleyes:
we can only hope....

anyway, no matter how fast your video card is, there is going to be a better one in future. so why don't people just make use of what's available now?
although I can understand waiting if the card is due in a few weeks or so, but this is not the case now.

Can anyone point to any source that has anything about the G80/R600 apart from the fact that "next generation ATI/nvidia codenames revealed"...I've seen so much crap spouted yet I can't find anything at all about either core and I don't even think they've been tapped out yet so I fail to see where people are drawing their conclusions from

Honestly, of course they are going to be faster, that's implied with any technology leap but I haven't see any information about any specifications in the slightest, not that I nor would I hope any take them seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom