home windows question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Has anybody ever tried putting champion windows in there house for replacement windows or know someone who has? If so, what did you or they think of them?

thoughts

thx guys

Confused me for a bit there. I was like I have never heard of a champion version of windows until I realized you were asking about actual windows and not software.

I have not used them and unfortunately most people here most likely have not as well. I would search around for builders information to see how they are rated.

The only windows that I have put in are 95, 98, 98se, Me, 2000, Xp and Vista.

Has anybody ever tried putting champion windows in there house for replacement windows or know someone who has? If so, what did you or they think of them?

thoughts

thx guys

chapion windows

looks like quality to me.

other good brands are heartland and certain teed

the only reason i know this is because 6 or 7 years ago, that was the industry i was in along with vinal siding.

IMO, they are good if taken care of, my house that was built a few years ago had them installed, only problem was.... They are plastic more or less... A SMALL lightweight AC unit, ended up causing the tracks to bow out, and now the window doesnt shut completly, it has to be forced closed using the locks on the window, but other wise, if you don't need a window ac unit then they are great at keeping heat/cold in and out.

I don't build houses but I do draw house plans for a living. To be perfectly honest all windows have to be built to meet structural and thermal specifications set by various agencies and building codes. If you buy the cheapest window they make , you may or may not have a problem. Odds are that if you have any problems they will be with the existing framing which may not meet todays standards or it may be damaged from age or faultly construction practices. In which case you'll have problems no matter what brand you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom