home network ?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
we have 2 desktops (wired to the wi fi box),3 laptops, and a couple of tablets. is there any way i can set up some kind of intercom or pager on these? i am disabled (i can still walk but it HURTS), and dragging my backside up 2 flights of stairs every time i want someone is taking a toll on this broke down body. i guess all i really NEED is either some way for a notification to pop up on a screen, or even just some kind of a tone thru their speakers.

There's always Skype.

Have them auto-sign in and call them from your computer / tablet / phone.

Skype is free and would definitely work. Another thing would be using something like teamviewer to speak, Skype would be easier to setup though.

Hey,

You could also use Teamviewer, you can install on all devices, create an account and add all the devices onto it. You can send messages and also view what there doing if you set up admin rights etc.

Also good to look at other alternatives.
Hope this helps,

:0)

You could also use Teamviewer,
Hmmmmmm, Interesting... this would be nice, unless it got hacked. with it able to work behind firewalls, every shred of personal information could be retrieved without anyone having a clue. this is one i will have to ponder on a bit. but THANX!

Hmmmmmm, Interesting... this would be nice, unless it got hacked. with it able to work behind firewalls, every shred of personal information could be retrieved without anyone having a clue. this is one i will have to ponder on a bit. but THANX!

You're notified when somebody is connecting to your system through TeamViewer. It's also an encrypted communication protocol.

Back
Top Bottom