Help! System Recovery Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarinak

Beta member
Hello, everybody! This is not the first time I have used my recovery discs from HP to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows XP, but I am having a problem that I don't think I did last time.

After the process was over, my computer restarted itself for the final time. The WinXP desktop was displayed, and everything seemed to be working normally. HP had some suggested/recommended updates, so I installed them, and when they were all installed, I restarted my computer in order for the installations to fully complete, but before I did so, I CTRL+ALT+Delete'd and Ended Task on something called Block Tracker? which had a box with a progess monitor up on my desktop. I think with this action lies my problem.

I then shut down my PC, and it started back up and went straight to the System Recovery process again, where the following text was displayed:

-DO NOT turn off your PC during this one-time setup process
-Your PC restarts several times during this setup process
-Messages may pop up onto your screen. Ignore these messages until you are prompted to Restart or Shutdown your PC

(The same screen I had watched for hours and hours while the initial recovery took place.)

Please help! I pray to God I did not just start that whole damned process over again! :happy:

Thanks a lot,
Aarinak

This process was installed with a HP Restore CD? Sounds like you corrupted the install by ending the task before it was finished. Might have to go thru it all again.

Darn it.. so right now it has restarted the process or should I shut down by holding the power button and turn on my comp to start the recovery formally?

It doesnt matter either way. Just sounds odd that the process installed with a HP Disc. I have never seen nor heard of it before on any XP install i have ever done.

I haven't heard that particular term in a long time. Block Track not tracker is used by Oracle in their backup and recovery section seen at 4.4 RMAN Incremental Backups

The only other information points at the MSN messenger service and nothing vital that would hamper things. But bringing up the task manager while installing from the HO branded recovery disks wasn't a good idea to begin with. That likely hung something up during the recovery/reinstall where a fresh start like Mak pointed to would be the thing needed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom