Help connecting PS3 to PC please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callme

Beta member
Hey guys, how do you connect your PS3 to PC to stream things?

I have gone into my network and it isn't detecting the PS3. I go on the PS3 and search for media devices and it doesn't detect my PC. Is there something i'm missing?

Connected to the internet through my router, both PC and PS3 hooked up to ports on the router through ethernet cables.

The PS3 can agme online and surf the net fine. So it isn't a connection problem. More of a communication problem.

Any fixes or advice?

No this cannot be done,

But you can have a PS3 with an External hard drive and stuff

IT CAN BE DONE

you can stream media from your pc to your ps3

i found that it does not always work on xp and it has never worked on vista

what you want to do is buy nero 8. This has software that sets up a media server specifically for the playstation 3 and the 360.

Here's a link to amazon.co.uk if you want to buy it:

Amazon.co.uk: Nero 8 (PC): Software

Actually you dont have to use Nero... you can use Windows Media Player 10 or above (as people have said before me google is your friend/b*tch) but from what I've heard the recommended way is through tversity. Hope this helps.

umm...i know this is kinda an old forum...but i was wondering if there was ne way to hookup the PS3 hard drive directly to the hard drive port? cuz im sending it in cuz i cant play ne thing cuz games dont show up on the screen

It can be possible. my buddy has his PC (running latest ubuntu) ps3 and psp all synched and can share amongst all. AKA he can host something on his PC and it can be read by the ps3 and through that the psp can read the file. And what is cool is that the psp works with your ps3 as long as it's registered anywhere with wifi I believe. So technically he can watch anything linked from his PC to his ps3 on his psp.

If you run a uPNP server on your PC it will work.... PERSONALLY, I have a D-Link DNS-323 which is an external hard drive enclosure that plugs into my router.... NETWORK attached storage. It has a uPNP server, and I can view all my photo's, movies, and some of my music from it.... (won't play iTunes files.... working on that though)...

Well, I know on Tversity you can add folders to what you want to stream, so you can just add your Itunes library (or whatever folder you have music in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom