Help a newbie start a web page...please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjlmbklr

Solid State Member
First off, if I posted this in the wrong area, guidance please. My Fiance and I are starting a small business. I want to start up a web page to get her name out there. I do not intend to use the site for any sales, at least not yet. There is sooooooo much out there, I don't even know where to start. I think I can handle designing a simple site(especially if the host has good friendly software) So what is my best bet. We will need a email account ant it will be a couple of pages, of course with a few hyperlinks. So who has the best all around package? Tripod, yahoo, lycos....etc etc etc..!

Help, please.

TJ

I could make one for you cheap, if you dont want to pay then just search in google it has PLENTY of guides. Oh and tripod isnt that good use something like 100mb. cant remember URL but type that in google and you will find it.

100mb hey, will it have all I need, Templates step by step instructions, domain/hosting ?As for having someone else make it I think I will attempt it on my own. Money is tight and I have spent too much on this business as it is, thanks anyway.

heartinternet.co.uk

by the way, in my opinion, you need a professional web site, and im affraid to say, if your just learning it, your site isnt going to be any where near as good as a pro's site.

remember, a site is the 1st thing people see when they access your business digitally. just ask yourself, would you buy anything from a website that looks like it was created in word??

image is everything when it comes to the net.

also, with a professional web designer, they will probably streamline your site, and also make your site efficient for search engines (which is highly important for any business if you want to be found).

you could spend easily 12 months learning how to create an amazing site, but wouldnt your efforts be best placed somewhere else? imagine how many man hours your going to loose, compared to hiring some one to do the site, and maintenance too.

its just such an important part of your business to have looking amaturish and unprofessional.

Thank you notamondayfan , but with all do respect, this business is going to be very small, (like a one person service) not to get too detailed. But I just want people, locally btw, to be able to read a bio on the person at hand, and find out more about services available. Also I just want the prices/specials that we would have at the time to be seen.

For these reasons, I just need something simple to help spread the word, and inform people that want to know. When I say locally, I mean, 50 mile radiaus of the business location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom