Have Windows 8.1 32-bit, need to upgrade to 64 bit, but I have no disc?

King$nake

In Runtime
I have a legit copy. I ordered online when I had XP SP3, and I downloaded Windows 8 over the internet and performed the upgrade.

What is the best way for me to get 64-bit? Can I use my license key somehow? I already have my entire hard drive backed up.

From your original post, I'm assuming this was not a PC with Win8 on it originally, correct?

You can view your key using: MagicJellyBean, WinKeyFinder, and/or Belarc Advisor.

I would highly suggest running all 3, and make sure they all return the same result. I've had it where sometimes the key that gets extracted for some reason differs from one program to the other.

From your original post, I'm assuming this was not a PC with Win8 on it originally, correct?

You can view your key using: MagicJellyBean, WinKeyFinder, and/or Belarc Advisor.

I would highly suggest running all 3, and make sure they all return the same result. I've had it where sometimes the key that gets extracted for some reason differs from one program to the other.

Correct. When I built this PC back in 2006/07, it originally had Win 32 bit.

I'm desperately past due for a newer, more powerful PC, just haven't had the funds. Im thinking if I upgrade to 64 Bit I can utilize the extra RAM and speed this thing up a bit

Back
Top Bottom