Firefox named most vulnerable Windows application

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 of those on the list.

I recently read an article just yesterday that stated Internet Explorer 8 was the most secure of the betas tested by the authors. Unfortunately I can't recall what site I read this from. Maybe Microsoft will be the one to beat for browsers in the near future. It also said that IE was followed in order by Mozilla Firefox 3 and Google Chrome.

I am pretty satisfied with the work of my firefox browser, never had any problems like desribed... why should I depend from the public opinion, or on opinion of Bit9, or google, or microsoft? Having good protection will save you from attacks through "vulnerabilities"...

Nick, does you dad own or work for a big company? I am sure they have people who choose applications to run in strenghts of usability, efficiency and security, so thy would hardly choose vulnerable application, having a great risk...

It's a medium sized heating company, I doubt they will be at a high risk however I may just tell him, I recokn it's insecure beuse once you know someones user name and pword you pretty much havefull access to the entire network.

I have 4 of those on the list.

I recently read an article just yesterday that stated Internet Explorer 8 was the most secure of the betas tested by the authors. Unfortunately I can't recall what site I read this from. Maybe Microsoft will be the one to beat for browsers in the near future. It also said that IE was followed in order by Mozilla Firefox 3 and Google Chrome.

They are saying not to use Internet Explorer
Serious flaw in Internet Explorer not fixed yet - Yahoo! News

Speaking of which Check for updates now. It is there. Already updated XP, Vista and Win7. So they even updated it on their own Beta.

Just came from Updates. Had one waiting for me for IE6. That is what I have on my machine. Didn't see any for IE7 . Must be from when they check for updates for the machine and don't detect it.

They are out there for IE7. Have to have it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom