Dual Desktops, One Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Dual Desktops, One Wallpaper

I only just discovered 360 Desktop, and unfortunately, before I could really adjust myself and get more productive, I also discovered dual monitors.
Frankly, the one makes the other irrelevant, although I would have been very, very impressed if 360 Desktop worked across two displays creating a huge scrolling desktop. In fact I hope its a feature they consider introducing.
"Give someone a second monitor, let them use it for while, and then try to take it away. It just isn't going to happen.",
Suzanne Ross, Microsoft Research
I couldn't agree more.
I had a quick Google and found Display Fusion, a awesome little application to customise your dual monitors, either by having different wallpapers on each, or by having one stretched across the two.
I favour the latter, as nothing looks better then a huge, high resolution image displayed like so. For some truly amazing dual monitor images try Mandolux and Digital Blasphemy.

After the initial buzz of using two monitors I also found myself getting annoyed with the fact you have to share one taskbar between the two.
The pretty self-explanatory Multi-Monitor Taskbar puts a taskbar on the second monitor and lets you have programs minimise to this instead of the one on the main display. gHacks has covered this before and this is where I found it.
As some people pointed out in the comments for that article, Ultramon is possibly a better alternative and a beta for Vista is available, but unfortunately its shareware, not freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom