Dragonball Z Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Has anyone heard about this movie I found a teaser trailer on You Tube for it looks really good. HSX says release date of September of 08 but I doubt that. Maybe 09 IMDB does not have much info either on this. DBZ was like the Anime growing up I remember collecting the VHS before DVD were even available. Then the games came out I remember ordering the games months in advance. Any info would be great.

No its going to be live action IMDB says Jet Li and some other actor have signed to be in this movie. They have said defiantly Live Action not animated. That is the cool part.

Jet Li has nothing to do with the live action version of DragonBall (not DBZ btw). Goku's being played by this goofy looking chump:
l4.jpg

More info here: Dragonball (2008)

This movie is going to blow more than a transvestite hooker.

Well for the record, goku was a pretty dopey chump that only got powerful because he kept getting killed/nearly killed so many times, which was how saiyans(sp) seem to level up.

For the record, I am in fact a DBZ fan of sorts, but I'm mainly just a Vegeta fan. He's the only reason I used to read the mangas (the French, uncensored imports) and watched the American Funimation TV show, which btw, has been completely slaughtered and dumbed down from its original more adult-oriented form to suit an audience of kids. I was able to look past that though because I got a better impression of the story through the comics.

I think they shouldn't make a live action movie, seems like it'll be hard to pull off and keep true to the series, especially since it's gonna be American made.

cgi would be a better choice. From pics of the sets that I've seen it looks like its gonna be meh...

But I'm hopeing its good.

I should play goku

it could succeed if they made it like an old school chinese kung fu film..but of course, combined with future tech

kinda like a alternate kung fu cyber punk film :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom