Does your ISP Suck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Have a look at some Entanet resellers such as ADSL24, UKFSN, Vivaciti, Aquiss (who I am with) and etc.

Generous caps (30/300GB), well prices, no FUP. They do run a anti-loss-tool which limits download speed when it is needed (can be seen running here: Entanet NOC » xDSL Central Pipe ) but on the plus, keeps pings very low (~9ms to BBC). Their network engineers even post on public forums. :)

Downstream Rate : 8128 Kbps :D -1KM straight line from the local exchange.

If Be* is available go with them. :)

BE* are available, but like them and a few others they are just renting standard BT Equipment, so there will be no difference between them and someone else with BT equipment, only Talk Talk and Zen have there own equipment in our area.

Unless there is exchange congestion (which you can ask you ISP if there is and when a new DSLAM will be installed to sort the problem) than there will be a huge difference between ISP. I.e. on virgin.net I used to get 200ms pings+ now I usually get 10ms and decent speeds.

If you can get the 24Mbps service from Be* it will not use any of BT's equipment.

FiOS 5MB/2MB used to have 30/15 plan but, I dunno what happened???? I downgraded, but this speed is still enough,BEWARE for people looking for FiOS; 15/5 is the best deal, for 30/15 its almost quadruple of how much the 15/5 plan costs. Of Course these are the prices are in my area. Better than the 864k/160k i used to have

i've got a 5Mbit cable line
average i'm gettin' 500K/s
i get over 1Mbit from microsoft downloading their stuff

sometimes with DC++ i'll burst up to 10Mbit/s, which is nice since i pay for 5Mbit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom