Disabling ipv6

TechMinotaur

Beta member
Hello All!
New to this forum and as it been said "there are no stupid question" so here i go! Fairly new to this field but there's never a day that goes by without learning something new. :)

(Windows 2012 R2)

Lately we have been having connectivity problems with our DC and drives. During the week it works fine but after running a back up over the weekend we lose all connectivity. We have narrowed down the problem to few culprits that could be affecting the process.

We have narrowed down the problem and figured that ipv6 has been causing the problem. My question is; Disabling ipv6 on our network would that cause anything to break in future? So far i have seen a lot of mixed reviews telling me not to go with it because "one day ipv6 will be the $#IT"

What do you guys think? Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
-Sincerely,
TechMinotaur

Welcome to the forums!

IF you're not using IPv6 now, then sure disable it. The transition will more likely happen around the internet-connected side of things and not the private networks for a little while anyway. As far as most companies go for their internal networks, IPv4 does a fine job and there's no reason to change, so why schedule extra work for no benefit

@S0ULphIRE Thank you for your reply. I thought the same and have suggested this already but now i have something to support it with. Thanks again.

-TechMinotaur:)

Back
Top Bottom