Debounce switch

TheDrunk

In Runtime
Has any one made, or soldered a debounce?

I have a pandora box 4s which requires one and am kinda iffy on the procedure on install, other forums say on slot 16 on the board attached to either side of the surface mount conmponet, yet i am wondering if i can just directly solder the debounce caqp between the switch and the coin Jamma harness?

I think the usual idea is that the cap goes between the input to the switch and the output from the switch w/ appropriate pull up or pull down resistors as necessary. If you just put the cap in series between the switch output and the jamma harness then you'll still bounce as the switch bounces that connection between connected/disconnected. Or to think of it another way, why would the capacitor continue to discharge if one of its legs wasn't connected to anything (i.e. when the switch is bounced to off position).

Connecting the leg would be from mamma harness using pos, to pos, to switch then to co8n mech but I will see if it works connecting it to the .16 interface on the component for coin mech

Back
Top Bottom