DayZ vs. WarZ What's your opinion?

Apparently WarZ is horrible. DayZ was nice, but... the controls were atrocious.

Yes, the controls are atrocious but since they ar working with BI (Creators of Arma) the controls may be smoother.

There are MMOs for consoles, the first major one was Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast and a new one is being released in English in February for PSVita and PC. There are also games like DC Universe available on PS3 and there are some other games that have been released and the term Massively Multiplayer Online can also mean COD as it has a massive online community or it could mean like MAG (a 256 player FPS on PS3)

I've had this argument with someone in my old forums once... and I was saying the same thing back then. The term MMO does mean Massive Multiplayer Online which appears to mean a large community of players playing online... but it needs to be in a persistent world.

This means when there is no one online playing, the world needs to continue existing and changing or spawning enemies and such. So no, COD, MAG, PSO would not count as the worlds are not persistent and are created when the character enters a level, hosts a MP lobby, or a MP match starts.

Well DC Universe has a large persistent world and thats on console so was sort of right. And most MMOs dont have an open enviroment. Such as Warrock and some others, they are generated on players entering.

Last edited:
Well DC Universe has a large persistent world and thats on console so was sort of right. And most MMOs dont have an open enviroment. Such as Warrock and some others, they are generated on players entering.

I've never heard or played those games so I couldn't comment on them :p

I'm late on this but my experience with DayZ was awful... the horrible controls / horrible zombie AI / Tons of a*****e kids running around / Tons of hackers / Minor bugs that come and go, such as one of the foods in the game at one point poisoned you... spawning in midair which takes like 80% of your hp... falling through the world and so on :( it will take a whole lot for me to ever want to try out the standalone release

WarZ on the other hand, I have not had any issues with it that standout and have been having a blast. :) I have met a lot of nice people so far as well and made a good amount of friends. Total of all just seems more well made & has a better community.
Don't get me wrong there are still a**hats in WarZ, it just seems to be less common.

Back
Top Bottom