Cs ****ing Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
GHARGH!!! This has been giving me so much ****ing trouble. It's driving me mad.

I have a P4 @ 1.6GHz, a 9600XT and 512 MB of RAM. I put graphical quality to absolute lowest possible. 640x480 res, shader-shadows-model detail-texture detail all set to LOW. Got Simple reflections, "wait after sync" and "color correction" disabled, HDR effects off, bilinear filtering, and anti-aliasing off. I only get 11 to 15 FPS!!! :mad:

Somebody online told me that it had to do something with the server rates not matching up, or changing something in the cfg file. What the **** do I have to do?

what are your rates set to? set them to 66 and you should be fine for most servers. If your rates are set higher than the servers then you will lagg big time but i dont think that will affect your fps.

Use the stress test to see if your comp can handle the game, you want the result to be 40+ fps.

MrCoffee said:
what are your rates set to? set them to 66 and you should be fine for most servers. If your rates are set higher than the servers then you will lagg big time but i dont think that will affect your fps.

Use the stress test to see if your comp can handle the game, you want the result to be 40+ fps.

Something's wrong here... I mean.. I play fear on absolute low setting @ 80 to 100 FPS. My setup should be able to handle CS Source at 640x480 res, setting turned all the way down and all eye candy turned off. In the video stress test I'm averaging 33 fps, which seems really low. Something seems to be wrong internally. It doesn't make sense that it could be that low. And get this, even when I turn the res up to 1280x1024, Anti-Aliasingx6, Anistropic Filtering x16, Full Reflections, High detailed models, textures, shadows, shaders, vsync and color correction, plus full HDR effects...

I still get 33 FPS!!! WTF is going on?!!?!?

GAHHH, sorry to get angry, but god, it's so not spyware. I run FEAR on ultra low settings for about nearly 90 to 110 FPS. If spyware's my problem, it'd affect everyhthing, not just CS:S. It's like no matter what graphical settings I put it to, the FPS is locked at about 20-ish. This is really ****ing weird. It's the same framerate whether I max out the graphics or completely turn them down.

You tried the reinstall?

otherwise fish for cfg files on the net, long shot but it might be your settings.

Edit: I Checked it out, your card ought to be getting about 70fps at 1024*765 with low settings.

Try earlier drivers e.g. CATALYST 4.8

teh_omar,
Ok i have had the same thing with my fps. I put everything on low and get the same fps if it was on high. Now with everything on high it laggs and low its smooth. I would try and reinstalling source. Next go here http://forums.caleague.com/showthread.php?t=549
Do you know how to make a autoexec.cfg? Try that config and update your graphics card. "net_graph 3" will help tell you your ture fps and ping. Make sure everything is up to date.
And try this too "fps_max" see what its at... maybe somehow it got turned to max out a 20 or 30.

MrCoffee said:
You tried the reinstall?

otherwise fish for cfg files on the net, long shot but it might be your settings.

Edit: I Checked it out, your card ought to be getting about 70fps at 1024*765 with low settings.

Try earlier drivers e.g. CATALYST 4.8

Rook1e said:
teh_omar,
Ok i have had the same thing with my fps. I put everything on low and get the same fps if it was on high. Now with everything on high it laggs and low its smooth. I would try and reinstalling source. Next go here http://forums.caleague.com/showthread.php?t=549
Do you know how to make a autoexec.cfg? Try that config and update your graphics card. "net_graph 3" will help tell you your ture fps and ping. Make sure everything is up to date.
And try this too "fps_max" see what its at... maybe somehow it got turned to max out a 20 or 30.

Alright, well thanks, both of your for the input. I've already tride everything you guys have suggested except getting an earlier version of catalyst, I'll try that and report back.

btw Rook1e, that cal forums thread looks awesome, seems to have a lot of options. thanks for the link.

I get huge lag too most times. I've got it on 640x480, nothing else turned on, and I get monster lag if it is a full server or loads of grenades exploding throwing bodies around. But I think it's because I have a 2.6GHz Celey, 9600pro, and 512 ram.

cyrax,
Do you have a custom config done? It might help to get one. You can turn down more settings in your config that will help a bit. If you need one let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom