Crysis Real Lifesis Mod...Pics Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Did you notice a FPS increase after the mod? I did. It was not a whole lot, Like 2-5FPS in most places.

I really can't say philbar, because I really never checked my frames on vanilla Crysis....I installed the mod then started checking my frames.....I can't tell anything from my first playthru a couple years ago, because I have upgraded my pc since then.

^ I was just surprised saw a increase, normally it's these kinds of mods that rape your PC up the bum with a huge baseball bat.

I guess this actually shows just how poorly optimized this game really was at its release. People were able to make their own configs to look better and run better.

Don't forget that graphics technology has come a long way since crysis was released in 2007. Our current drivers are better optimized but Crysis was also hugely influential in 3d gaming so its very likely that modern architectures are just better optimized to the way crysis works.

Don't forget that graphics technology has come a long way since crysis was released in 2007. Our current drivers are better optimized but Crysis was also hugely influential in 3d gaming so its very likely that modern architectures are just better optimized to the way crysis works.

Good point.

Well, I have now completed my 2nd run thru of Crysis......this time I had more fun as my rig handled the game so much better.

This game is drop dead beautiful for the first 6 levels and there are a total of 11 levels....for me I had a fantastic time thry level 6....but from level 7 on....level 7 being the core level....this game takes a nose dive like you would not believe!

The game is not near as fun from level 7 to the end of the game, the game is not near as pretty ...I can't think of one thing that gets better in this game.....it sure isnt the pretty graphics that MOST people played the game for....it is not the fighting....flying....or voice acting....which is plain horrible, especially after i have just completed a few games where the voice acting is so well done.

The first 6 levels of this game, even while the AI is as dumb as a box of rocks, was very fun for me........but it just seemed like I wanted it to end after that...it was like one lame level after another.

7. Core Level....wow.....what can I say other than after 2 play thrus.......this was not at all well done....confusing as all get out and frustrating enough than many people said heck with it at this point....i have had enough.

8. Paradise Lost .....everything is now all iced up and not very pretty and the level again...IMO...is not well done....you fight different levels of the aliens....scounts....hunters....sqiud ships ect......but the battle that should be so much more fun....really is not that much fun......not as bad as some other levels......but not really great either.

9. Exodus.. The best of the last levels.....probly because the game looks pretty again.

10. Ascension.....Ok cool....I finally get to take control of the VTOL....the cool flying machines that i have seemn all game long....this will be fun, right.....wow ....what an epic flipping fail this level was...fly it for a minute, miss the tornado winds and the ice....shot a few ships down.......lets get out of here....WTF....PLEASE....you could have done much better....I think we might be wanting to get this game done and out the door at this point...

11. Reckoning.....good, soon the end will be here....lol
You are intoduced to a new weapon here....the Admiral calls for a nuclear stike....again....you would think at a critical point of the game, the voice acting could have been so much better, to really bring this part of the game to its climax.....but it just did not happen.....pretty lame and vanilla.

Now make your way thru the ship, do this....do that......go help fight on deck........fighting the aliens on the ship was kind of fun, the hunters especially..........but up on the deck for the climax was ...well.....not so anti climatic to me....kind of boring....I have a new weapon that will lock on and shoot missles.......other than that....I have a Gauss Rifle....rocket launcher....scar.....pistlol, boy that was handy.....Are these big fancy military ships suppose to have some really nice weapons that i could have fire here at the end of the game???

Anyway, even with my SLI GTX 260 set up there was still a couple of times that the framerate turned into a slid show for a few seconds here....and to be quuite truthful it was not a very FUN or Good ending.

Anyway...The Real Lifesis mod made it more enjoyable then vanilla Crysis.

The game is beautiful...especially 7 levels of it....tjhe other 4 not so much.

The weapons were really a disappointment for me....the suit was great....just wish some weapons you had were of the same type of technology.

The story was really not a bad idea......but the fail was with that crappy voice acting and just the way they they presented the story to you at the last few levels.....I just cant help but to keep saying the ending levels of the game just seemed rushed to me.

I am not going to keep rambling on , I know most wont agree any way as most just loved this game.

I had fun, dont get me wrong.....but other than the graphics, I just felt alittle let down. But playing the Real Lifesis mod and playing the good levels of the game in the pitch blackness of the night was really fun.

I was not one of the millions that went out and built a new rig....then upgraded the graphics cards to quad sli....because I just have to play this game!

Trust me.....the game is not worth all that......There probly is no prettier game, especially with the mods for it......but there are many games that play better and are story driven and the story and the combat combine for a great balance and keep you on the edge of your seat throughout....this title did not do that for me.

Let the flaming begin.....lol

/agree with basically all of that

after the aliens happen it's like "wtf is going on...really now" for the rest of the game. Kind of like the first farcry....stuck on an island....shooting bad guys....wait wtf? mutant invisible monkies? okay sure...sure...

Good game..but like you said, after the **** hits the around level 7 the game just goes down hill

100% agree too. After the aliens the game is just fail. It's fun shooting them down with the AA tanks, and the flight deck is okay, but for the most part, after the Core level it just sux. And the Core is miserable...same with the VTOL level.

Keep in mind that Crytek is a European company. They might have had a hard time finding good voice talent without a noticeable accent. Granted there are a lot of foreign companies that are able to pull it off just fine.

think the Lag on the very last level(boss fight) is a bug. Id you play on DX9 you won't have issues, but when I played on DX10 it turned into a total slide show right at the end, in fact it crashed multiple times for me, went so slow..it just froze up. On DX9 I still had above 20 FPS on high settings on my single HD4870 512mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom