Crysis 2 with High Res Textures

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
Whats up guys,

So i was surfing around on youtube the other day, and i saw that there is a DX11 patch and high res textures pack for Crysis 2 ( sorry if this is old news, i just learned about it ).

i originally thought Crysis 1 looked better than Crysis 2, so i thought id give this a go, so i reinstalled windows, installed the patch that brings it up to DX11, i guess its only DX10 from the factory, then i installed the high res texture pack...

:Overjoyed:

it is Beautiful!

i wasnt impressed by the Crysis 2 story line, but now i am going to replay through the game with these new patches.

i was just talking to a member on another forum saying how i cant find a game that brings my 680 to its knees with Adaptive Vsync on locked at 60FPS. With the new patches id say im locked at the 60fps about 30% of the time, the rest i am fluctuating a lot, the lowest ive seen is 38fps. im very impressed. :)

It isn't actually the game itself taxing the GPU, it's a tessellated layer of water under each map that you play. They decided it wasn't worth fixing and have just left it that way despite articles bashing it online. And it is there regardless of whether there is water on the level or not.

You can also use Maldo's high resolution textures alongside the official textures...maldos are fantastic

Back
Top Bottom