Core i7 a new review with bechmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
AnandTech: The Dark Knight: Intel's Core i7

Very impressive performance. Core i7 2.66GHz performed on par with QX9770 on average

And for gaming, Core i7 2.66GHz model did outperform QX9770 in many games, but in some games the Core i7 3.2GHz model did performed a little worse than QX9770

So, in gaming the perfomance does vary a lot. But we have to take into condesdration that Core i7 performed better in newer games like Far cry 2 and fallout 3 where 2.66GHz model outperformed QX9770

Here also a review from Tom's Hardware

Analysis--Core i7 20% Faster Than Core 2 - Tom's Hardware : Intel's Core i7: Blazing Fast

Core i7 is around 20% faster than QX9770 clock for clock on average (not the max difference)

NAh, i'm not jumping on nehalem until at least january. I'm going to wait for the EVGA x58 board and some of the bugs to get worked out. Also, DDR3 needs to come down in price.

The reviews I've seen of the new Core i7 has them all over the place. Some tests they did marginally better, some tests they did marginally worse than Q9450/Q9650/QX9770.

I'm sure that within a year or two, when they have all the latest and greatest, these new Core i7's will absolutely shatter all Q9650's and QX9770's, but for now it looks like they have some more work to do.

Its good/bad performing.. but not worth considering until the price is not so bloated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom