converting WMA to mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheartilly

Solid State Member
I'm looking for a software to convert wma to mp3 so I can burn songs onto a CD and listen to them on my car.

I dled them from itunes and musicmatch, b/c they have diff. artist that I want and both of them uses diff. format, and i can't burn them together.
Why can't they just use mp3?

oh well, I've downloaded a software, but haven't installed it yet.
It's from http://www.wma-mp3-converter.com/ and the .exe file name is called "awmaw"

Just wondering if anyone has use that or know anything about it.
I just want to b a little careful w/ all the spyware runnin' around.

Thanks

Lion

This is retarded.
The .wma files I have is copyrighted or like RDM or something like that.

i purchased from from an online store.
i can burn them but I can't combine...

does anyone know a way around this?

Lion

It's actually DRM, and I can't figure out which version it is.

Anyways, this is getting tiring.
Is there a legal music download program that can give me mp3?

iTunes' is in MPEG-9 format and that one is just as incompatible as .wma

Maybe I should just get back to Kazaa, LOL...

Kazaa comes with an awful price. That DAMN spyware sh*t they creep onto your machine (whether you pay or not). Not to mention that their P2P protocols suck.

WinMX is good for getting files. The only problem is you have to kinda know what yer doing and also the addresses of servers to connect to.

iTunes can be configured to convert/download in a variety of formats. (WMA/WAV/MP3/AVI/etc.) I use iTunes all the time to work with my iPod. I rarely buy songs off it though.

CDeX can convert music files to other formats, but the integrity is a bit shaky. Sometimes you really have to tweak-n-repeat several times to get it to work good.

Thanks Xula but dbpoweramp gave me this message when I'm trying to download the codec...

Will Decode all older versions
Files which have been DRM Protected by creator cannot be converted or played
Will not work for Windows 95. Windows NT/98 users read this.

so, I don't think it'll be able to convert my .wma files as well...

I'm gonna try and see if I can buy songs in .mp3 format...gosh, they're making it so hard, no wonder kazaa is thriving

Lion

dang it!
The instructions you have previously was correct MicroBell.

But when I click on to convert to .mp3, it says that "song name" cannot be converted b/c protected files cannot be converted to other formats...

What a pain!
I actually think that it's not really possible to change it, legally, unless there are hacks or cracks out there.
They want to protect it as much as they can.

Does anyone know a good music download program that's in .mp3 format? Napster? haven't tried it...yet

Anyone?

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom