Connected but don't really have internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kLPantera

Beta member
Hello,

A few days ago I was using the internet and then it just stopped working for everyone in the family. My laptop is the only Windows 7 in the house. Afterwards, when using only the ethernet cable; all computers and laptops using Windows XP can use the internet fine. When my laptop uses the ethernet cable, it says I am connected. However when I try to load say a Google search result, I can't load the webpage. Nor am I able to go online in Origins. I am wondering what is going on with this connected to the internet, but limited internet. This is only happening to the internet at home, elsewhere everything is perfectly fine. Any help?

Thanks

To start with the original problem of everyone's internet not working, I'm assuming they were originally using WiFi. Can you see the SSID, name of the wifi signal?

...if i may just add onto trynreadme's comment. If you have an Android-based mobile phone ( cellphone ), download a program called "WiFi Analizer"...I use it all the time on my customer's wireless routers to check for signal strengh....it might just help you too...

Are you using a static of dhcp address? If static.. make sure the settings are correct. If you use dhcp make sure you are getting an address. Have seen malware that messes with the settings

Are you using a static of dhcp address? If static.. make sure the settings are correct. If you use dhcp make sure you are getting an address. Have seen malware that messes with the settings
So true...It doesnt matter WHAT probs i get with computers, i always do a virus check first, as it can put you in an endless-loop...trying to figure out the prob, lol

On top of that, referring to the DHCP and static issues. If you are using a router/modem from your ISP and using a personal router, ensure one of them is issuing the IP addresses. If your ISP and personal routers are set to be the DHCP server there will be an IP conflict and you won't get a connection.

A bit of information here, before a response... lol, he's probably already found a fix.

Sounds like you need to get on the phone with your Internet Service Provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom