Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I finally took a trip up to Carlsbad Caverns.. 750ft underground, and about 60*f. Funny story.. The Caverns were closing, and one of the parks Rangers were politely pushing us out. The last three people out, all photographers with our tri-pods.. LOL I thought it was funny..

Here's some pics..

My first two HDR shots..
I'm not really liking how this first one came out.. Fuzzy for some reason.. and the green is blown out in the foreground.
hdrcaverns.jpg

I'm happy with this 2nd HDR try... Mostly.. Kinda... Crooked, I forgot to fix it. I think I'm hooked. I want to try more soon.
mirrorhdr.jpg

here's the rest... These needed very little PS work.

I'm in LOVE with this shot!! The bottom was a couple hundred feet, to the lower right corner.
dsc0065q.jpg

dsc0019n.jpg

dsc0033kgv.jpg

dsc0041tkw.jpg

I was kind of hoping this kid would stand still... no such luck in either of the three shots. :freak:
dsc0048gih.jpg

I have another one of this where someone shined their flashlight in the path of the pic, but made this REALLY cool blue light to it..
dsc0053ypu.jpg

And last but not least! One of the bottomless pits. This goes down a couple hundred feet. ..
dsc0062b.jpg

That looks awesome. I wish I had the time to take a vacation, I'd go visit some of these places everyone is going. Maybe sometime in the future. Great pics though!

^ I live in NM and it was a 2.5hr drive. I'm moving out of NM to CT soon, so I've never been there. I wanted to go, just never have until recently. They have an "old West" type train tour and trip that goes from northern NM up into Colorado and back into NM again. I've always wanted to do that, but I guess it'll have to wait..

We're taking a Family cruise to Alaska next July. I haven't taken a vacation with just my parents in a number of years, since I flew them out to Germany with me when I lived out there.

^ I live in NM and it was a 2.5hr drive. I'm moving out of NM to CT soon, so I've never been there. I wanted to go, just never have until recently. They have an "old West" type train tour and trip that goes from northern NM up into Colorado and back into NM again. I've always wanted to do that, but I guess it'll have to wait..

We're taking a Family cruise to Alaska next July. I haven't taken a vacation with just my parents in a number of years, since I flew them out to Germany with me when I lived out there.

That train tour sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. I haven't taken a vacation with my family in probably 5 years or so. We used to go camping all the time, but they're getting old, and I'm always working. I'm hoping to go camping for the first time in about 3 years this Labor Day with my brother. Vacations are always a good time though. I'm guessing it was definitely worth the 2.5 hour drive huh :D?

There is a place on the east end of Majorca like this but it's really really sad - they have a Mozart play at the end of the tour but only the bit from the one about the chicken where the woman makes stupid sounds while two dummies a rowed in on a raft by some guy who watch it and then towards the end rows off again,
Worst thing about it is though Jules Vern traveled round the med on his own little boat but there is no evidence of him visiting Majorca but they made this long 30 min play about the mystery if he did or didn't go there.

It's a really nice island as long as you stay away from Palma and the Tourist Zone (to many drunken retards to have a nice evening out) but they are looking for something more interesting than just really nice people and a really beautiful coastline to make it appeal more to the holiday on a plan kinda person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom