Can't move iso file to USB stick

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

I just downloaded a Windows 10 image file (Windows.iso) using the Windows Media Creation Tool (found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). I'd like to move it onto a USB stick but I'm getting this error message every time I try:

1667173230007.png

The strange thing is the file is only 4.45GB while the USB stick has 14.6GB free space.

Why is it saying the file is too large?

if you use Rufus to make that stick bootable it will wipe everything off the stick. The windows 10 ISO file makes it's own bootable USB drive if the full download for a USB stick is followed when the ISO is downloaded. I don't think that is what the OP wants. I THINK he just wants to save the ISO, as is, to a USB flash drive and bearing in mind that there is 14.6Gb free on that stick it should copy. I am assuming that there is other stuff on the USB flash drive that the OP wants to keep.

if you use Rufus to make that stick bootable it will wipe everything off the stick. The windows 10 ISO file makes it's own bootable USB drive if the full download for a USB stick is followed when the ISO is downloaded. I don't think that is what the OP wants. I THINK he just wants to save the ISO, as is, to a USB flash drive and bearing in mind that there is 14.6Gb free on that stick it should copy. I am assuming that there is other stuff on the USB flash drive that the OP wants to keep.
If that is the case and the USB drive is a FAT file system (most likely) then the OP can still use rufus to change the drive to a NTFS file system to store files over the 4 gb limit of a fat file system

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It was formatted as fat32 and I converted to ntfs. That worked.

Either way, would still need to format to copy over hence #1.

Back
Top Bottom