Can only get my two front speakers to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
I need some help. I have a 5.1 logitech surround sound system and I can only get the two front speakers to work. I cant get my center, two back speakers and sub to work. With the sub woofer when i turn the speakers on the sub it just sounds like someone is hitting the woofer with a hammer simultaneously while without any sound. When I go into the sound properties and I test all the speakers. It dings in all of the speakers but when I go and play music in i-tunes or WMP it only comes out the two front speakers. Here are my specs.

Video Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 260
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Ram: Ocz DDR2
MoBo: Asus P5QPL-VM EPU Motherboard - G41 Express, Socket 775, µATX, PCI Express, HD Audio, VGA, DVI, HDMI, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0, SATA

Monitor: LG Flatron 23" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Glossy Black
Case: Apevia X-Cruiser- AL/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Case
Tv Tuner Card: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 Media Center Kit Dual TV Tuner PCI-Express x1 Interface
Hard Drive: Seagate barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB
DvD Burner: Liteon 20x DVD Writer
Power Supply: Aqpower Ak series sata atx power suppley

Re: Can only get my two front speckers to work

Here are the newest Audio Drivers for your PC, after you install them open the Realtek HD Audio Manager and select your speaker configuration. :D

Realtek HD Audio 2.33 Driver download from Guru3D.com

realtekaudio.jpg

Hey Slay,

I installed the driver and got all my speakers working in WMP but cant get the surrond sound to work if I listened to a song a youtube. Also my sub if the speakers are turned out i can still here this tapping sound coming from my sub even tho i dont have any music playing.

Songs on youtube, and in general are not encoded in surround sound. They are recorded and encoded in stereo.

You would need to find a artist and specifically a album that was encoded adn recorded in Surround sound for you to get sound out of those speakers.

YouTube Videos are at least 90% done in stereo cause theya re from sources like MTV and other music sites and are very rarely from sources that have surround sound.

So no matter what you try you wont get real surround sound from it. You can get sudo surround sound by trying to force the stereo sound out of the surround but all it will do is take the stereo signal and split it. Which will give you the same thing out of every speaker.

Good Info, Thank mak. How do you explain the weird sound coming from my sub?

that one i cant explain really. It could be a slew of things. Could be some interference from something, could be that there is some sort of sound playing like a windows sound or something.

Honestly i dont know off hand what that could be. What do you mean by your speakers turned out? Do you mean your speakers are off or you turned them to a different position?

If you mean turned off do you have a separate power switch to turn off the sub? Maybe it is still getting power and that is the sound you hear?

If your speakers are set to Direct six mode (i think it's called this, can't remember) your speakers will play through all six speakers regardless of whether the music is mono, stereo, or 5.1.

The subwoofer sound is likely due to a bad power connection or poor quality connection to your soundcard. Especially as i beleive you are using onboard audio, you really need a soundcard. Any soundcard from the Audigy 2 and upwards would be a great investment and upgrade, the drivers are better to and may resolve your issue.

The subwoofer situation still seems odd, any chance you could try to describe it the best you could ? As it can be caused from a variety of things, though it's most likely to do with the power connection as you just won't get nice clean power from a cheep amp and normal power supply plugged into a wall - it just ain't happening, small surges of power can cause speakers to make popping noises or hum due to the AC frequency of the mains electricity. Good systems usually filter this out, but not on speakers this low down in the price spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom