burn .lnk files to a DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Is this possible? Nero automatically fetches whatever the shortcut link points to and burns -that- to the DVD instead of the link itself. As far as I can tell, there is no option to turn this off in Nero,and since Windows doesn't support DVD burning natively... how can I place shortcuts on the disk?

it sounds like your talking about file associations. in which you can change by simply right clicking the item you'd like to open then choose open with.

I can't think of a single reason you would want to burn shortcuts to DVD. If you are really sure this is what you want then you could try using a different burning application. What might be best though, is if you tell us what you are trying to achieve and we can then advise you on how to do it.

I can't think of a single reason you would want to burn shortcuts to DVD. If you are really sure this is what you want then you could try using a different burning application. What might be best though, is if you tell us what you are trying to achieve and we can then advise you on how to do it.

Yes, I am really, really sure that is what I want. My reasons are somewhat complicated, but involves running batchfiles from command line off the CD, and on the HDD, some of which copy shortcuts to specific locations or files to the desktop or other locations. Since I'm using purely command line tools and want to avoid calling any runtime environments or explorer, vbasic scripts and the like to create the shortcuts on the fly, won't fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom