Building a gaming rig, for selling locally. Need feedback on my pricing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be honest, your best bet for selling local is if you've either established yourself as a good seller, or if you already have a buyer.

I'll second that, last thing you want is to get stuck with an extra rig that you can't sell as it depreciates in value. If you're dead set on building this thing try advertising it as you are at the price you want and include a 1 week build time, then, when you order it (after you get a deposit), pay a little extra for express shipping and you should be able to build/install and ship/deliver within the week.

The hard part will be selling a rig and getting a deposit from someone if you aren't established. Not a lot of people are blind trusting with their $$$.

you could do like half and half payment. Take half the money, show them some receipts of the order so they know you aren't scamming them, and when the build is done collect the rest.

building a high-end computer right now without a buyer/deposit = bad idea.
you could be sitting on it for awhile. another bad idea.
i dont even think about ordering parts until i have at least half the money for the total cost. sometimes i want it all first.

dont get in to the prebuilt line up take custom orders that way you wont be stuck with 2k worth of computers you cant sell

Will come with windows vista ultimate 64 bit, as well as the following games installed......

1.crysis
2.fallout 3
3.grand theft auto 4
4.farcry 2
5.medal of honor airborne
6.company of heroes
7.cod 4
8.crysis warhead

software:

1.fruity loops 8 XXL producer
2.adobe audition 3
3.pro tools 7.4

I would sell this rig for $2100, do you guys think i can get that for it?

I don't know why you are bothering about pre-installing games.
I have built plenty of extremely powerful gaming rigs for people that are clearly not interested in FPS. My sister is one of them.

Same goes with the additional software as people not every one with a $2100 rig plays around with music.

Sell the rig, leave the software alone. just leave the basic software on there. Eg. Operating System. DVD Burning program, acrobat, winzip.
Supplying another software on a new computer is a bad idea because if any thing is to go wrong with the software, it's now your problem too. Bad enough at is that there is enough people thinking that just because I supplied them a copy of Norton's Anti Virus with the new rig, all of a sudden virus problems are covered by warranty.

building a high-end computer right now without a buyer/deposit = bad idea.
you could be sitting on it for awhile. another bad idea.
i dont even think about ordering parts until i have at least half the money for the total cost. sometimes i want it all first.

Oh yes.
If it's a normal desktop, I normally grab 10% to 20% deposit.
Gaming rigs, I normally make sure it's 50% or at least the amount of money to cover my expenses on all the specality parts that i normally do not keep in stock. And I make it perfectly clear that they can not change thier mind after i order in parts. Last year, I had to build a rig with a $4000 quadro video card. I needed to grab money from client and tell him that he had to wait for 6 weeks for the stock to come into the country. I then explained to him that the distributor will not order this high end card unless they have a confirmed order paid up front.

I'm quite curious as you how to expect to include pro tools in that system.

1. Pro Tools will only work with digidesign hardware, otherwise it shuts down.
2. 7.4 is outdated
3. 8.0 is $250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom