Broadband Internet Access - The immediate future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WiMax would be great for covering rural areas which the big cable companies or telcos refuse to wire.

I am against municipal broadband in cities personally, because from a business perspective it will really hurt the ISPs already in town, DSL, cable, fiber to the home, etc. Most people only look for two things in a broadband connection. 1. Does it connect me to the Internet? 2. Is it faster than 56k? Both of these needs would be covered by free municipal wifi, so companies would lose.

beedubaya said:
WiMax would be great for covering rural areas which the big cable companies or telcos refuse to wire.

I am against municipal broadband in cities personally, because from a business perspective it will really hurt the ISPs already in town, DSL, cable, fiber to the home, etc.

Yes! you are right. Current WiMax deployments in India are coming up mostly in rural areas with poor or no connectivity. Well, the cities are well connected with optical fibres and the DSL/Cable modem connections to homes are becoming cheaper, and I don't see a point in installing WiMax in the well connected city infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom