Bots make me angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Every 2-3 days an incomprehensible topic written in English is post in a greek forum i am member in. Surely it's a bot, does anyone know a way of permanently making it a ban even if it change it's ip? It gets realy annoying. A topic post today in that forum :

...............................................................................................
Leon de measures was from immune with each Sporanox killer. Positron emission in teenagers Macrobid experience and contrary. Anandamide hydrolysis are discarded care facilities Macrobid the mechanisms Robaxin separately. Patient beds year after exposed themselves considered the Robaxin envelope. For countries and cravings airway procedures surface. Institutes of types of practice case the need Restoril above. Protection of against many lost sense Restoril host cells period. Vaccines under on be Metrogel plaintiffs attorneys Metrogel population. These estimates car driver Spiriva remain ir can earn Omnicef often.

Mycoplasma pneumoniae these two Omnicef and discourage Astelin political commitment Astelin responder. Some healthcare sustain greater and pain highly virulent dopamine. Cami et percent increase of medical evidence of Rozerem variance. Pavlovian conditioning can restrict Rozerem of appointees Vicoprofen practice may messages. Mesolimbic dopamine are routinely Vicoprofen were virtually Ceftin bull market staggering. Caucasians did consumers cannot Ceftin not because public policy Lanoxin community. Comparable correlates alveolar myxoid practice may tension. The minimal or other their losses Lanoxin ailments. Their consent no single Zelnorm criteria for volume. Hall and studies have Zelnorm and share Meclizine equipment rema doses. In gallinaceous tiviral compounds Meclizine the dicator actually operate Bactroban criteria.

Since different another tribute but instead Bactroban evidence. All vaccines hotel at Catapres medical units Catapres capacity.

Commonly used initially believed measures paid skies. Upon viral errors were Flexeril is feeling Flexeril are awarding Relafen lies. Current control antibodies and lower se in other Relafen made. Kong uenza that persons before seen in spite clinicians. Clinical history tell you insurance Levoxyl everyone.
................................................................................................

Can anyone make any sense?

Mike from Greece, 14

Every 2-3 days an incomprehensible topic written in English is post in a greek forum i am member in. Surely it's a bot, does anyone know a way of permanently making it a ban even if it change it's ip? It gets realy annoying. A topic post today in that forum :

...............................................................................................
Leon de measures was from immune with each Sporanox killer. Positron emission in teenagers Macrobid experience and contrary. Anandamide hydrolysis are discarded care facilities Macrobid the mechanisms Robaxin separately. Patient beds year after exposed themselves considered the Robaxin envelope. For countries and cravings airway procedures surface. Institutes of types of practice case the need Restoril above. Protection of against many lost sense Restoril host cells period. Vaccines under on be Metrogel plaintiffs attorneys Metrogel population. These estimates car driver Spiriva remain ir can earn Omnicef often.

Mycoplasma pneumoniae these two Omnicef and discourage Astelin political commitment Astelin responder. Some healthcare sustain greater and pain highly virulent dopamine. Cami et percent increase of medical evidence of Rozerem variance. Pavlovian conditioning can restrict Rozerem of appointees Vicoprofen practice may messages. Mesolimbic dopamine are routinely Vicoprofen were virtually Ceftin bull market staggering. Caucasians did consumers cannot Ceftin not because public policy Lanoxin community. Comparable correlates alveolar myxoid practice may tension. The minimal or other their losses Lanoxin ailments. Their consent no single Zelnorm criteria for volume. Hall and studies have Zelnorm and share Meclizine equipment rema doses. In gallinaceous tiviral compounds Meclizine the dicator actually operate Bactroban criteria.

Since different another tribute but instead Bactroban evidence. All vaccines hotel at Catapres medical units Catapres capacity.

Commonly used initially believed measures paid skies. Upon viral errors were Flexeril is feeling Flexeril are awarding Relafen lies. Current control antibodies and lower se in other Relafen made. Kong uenza that persons before seen in spite clinicians. Clinical history tell you insurance Levoxyl everyone.
................................................................................................

Can anyone make any sense?

Mike from Greece, 14

....What the?

Anyway, I think the best way to combat spam bots is to alter the registration process to make it much more difficult for bots (but humans can easily go through it)

Like having a random picture show up, and you have to identify what's in the picture
or having a random string of letters in an image which is really hard for a bot to read, but humans can easily read; then make the user input the correct string of letters
imageverification.png

This is what tech-forums uses. Tech-forums was attacked by spam bots a lot before we had that in the registration process.

....What the?

Anyway, I think the best way to combat spam bots is to alter the registration process to make it much more difficult for bots (but humans can easily go through it)

Like having a random picture show up, and you have to identify what's in the picture
or having a random string of letters in an image which is really hard for a bot to read, but humans can easily read; then make the user input the correct string of letters
imageverification.png

This is what tech-forums uses. Tech-forums was attacked by spam bots a lot before we had that in the registration process.

Hopelessly, that forum as this we are in now, has already this type of textbox of identification. About the text, those who wrote it do not know english at all, it's also unlikely they are Greek, cause our Grammar, and especially our syntax is very different than that in the text shown. Surely the used systran or a lexicon to make a direct translation from their language. This happens because whichever language has it's own way of syntaxing sentences. I thing now bot programms can prevent this ways of defending, or they are simply spammers.

The extraordinary thing is that this happens to many greek forums. Furthermore some words are linking to multiple pages. But when duplicating the text only, the links are destroyed.

Mike from Greece, 14

It is spam, pure and simple.

Ban and mop up is about all you can do until you implement some sort of graphic into the sign up procedure. I know I am so glad we finally got that going here.

Please, don't post what the bots post. We don't need crawlers pointing to it here. OK?

I finally heard what these were not too long ago, but I may be wrong. They're hoping the message is strange enough that you'll reply and ask what it is, you do and they have a verified email address.

Dude I have this problem on a fan forum, the only problem for the next month or so is the only Admin is away for the next few month's and in the last week 3 spam bot's have took the opportunity to post I hope he get's the chance to give me Amin priv's so I can get rid of them :evil:

We found a way of facing efficiently bots. Bots do only one post and them make another account. We configured the forum (as there i am a mod) not to accept a new topic if the member does not have 4 posts and over, MY IDEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom