Billionaire Philanthropy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea he is only a non-executive chairman and not chief software architect anymore. The last version of Windows he was chief software architect for was 7, which is apparent. The new guy was in control of 8. His full time work is now his charity which I find respectable rather than sitting on his rich ass at home.

If legit charities are getting money to do good things why the hell does it matter who is giving it to them? come on, thats just retarded. Focus on the charity not the person donating.

Plus the only good acts are those done without an audience.

So, if someone is rich they should not donate money to charities because it is unimpressive?

You must really look up to people like the Walton family.

The Walton Family Foundation: How Much Do They Give and To Whom?

Did I say that ?

My issue is not with them giving, thats great, it's them and other people looking up to them as if they are something amazing. All I said was it wasn't impressive. Because it isn't.

To have a fantastic standard of living, you need about $500,000 a year income. You can get nearly everything you could ever want with that amount of money.

My example with Bill is still a good one. He is worth $67Bn. If he gave away $69.9Bn (which he hasn't, not even close), he'd still have $100M.

Thats 200 years of living like a top city banker driving any car you want and living in multi million dollar houses.

i always complain when people are generous with their money.

sheeesh

So giving away money that you could never feasibly spend is generous ? I would equate it to winning one of those unlimited chocolate for life competitions and giving away one chocolate bar a week to your friends and family.

Yes, it is far better than the countless amounts of rich that give nothing at all. That is clear.

Last edited:
Thats 200 years of living like a top city banker driving any car you want and living in multi million dollar houses.
because you wouldnt want him using that money to create more industry. buy and create companies. expand wealth creation.

he should just give away his money, be happy with your definition of suitable wealth, and you still scorn him.

So giving away money that you could never feasibly spend is generous ? I would equate it to winning one of those unlimited chocolate for life competitions and giving away one chocolate bar a week to your friends and family.

Yes, it is far better than the countless amounts of rich that give nothing at all. That is clear.

charity and generosity comes from the heart. it actually doesnt matter how much wealth someone has. i can be more generous giving away one of the 2 nickels that i have to rub together than a rich guy giving away millions. the bible goes further and says it is better to give by not letting one hand know what the other is doing. give secretly. like stephen king, the horror writer. i think he's a liberal d-bag, but i can appreciate the secret generosity of his foundation. when he gives out money, the letter that comes with it even says don't tell anybody that it came from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom