ATTN: dial up users, i need ur input

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
hey every one, i live in sorta a rual area, and i cant get dsl (that sux) sooo im stuck w/dialup.....my current ISP is Aol w/9.0 topspeed software. I am paying 19.99 a month+taxes.
I am interested in switching to a cheaper ISP, like earthlink's 9.99mo/for 6months and then 21.95 thereafter---Every one who has dial up, please state ur ISP, how u like it, (service, access numbers, etc) , True connection speed that is average, what ur dl speed is(mines 2kbs-8kbs, 3-5kbs average)and what the tech support is. Aol is ok, but they are highpriced, have 2 many ads, and hardly ever have over 50k connection speed, THEY SAY 56k!!
I want "accelerated connection" not the standard......thanx for ur input!!!:cool:

AOL also has Netscape internet, but is half the price.

WalMart has their own ISP as well, for half the price of AOL, and it uses the same IM system.

ummmm netscape and and aol have the same access numbers LOL......walmart isp is actually the same thing as netscape, infact, the software is identical to aol's.....1 good thing about aol, u can be charged on ur phone bill (then u dont havta give them ur credit card #) :) does any1 else have any suggestions?

btw, a standard aol account is 23.99.......however, at the first of the month, call them up and threaten to cancel unless they give u a better deal.....i now have a 14.95 plan+5$paperbill charge!!!so i am 4-9$ cheaper per month than the standard!!!!

wow isp.com has awsome looking deals, but they dont have a local access number :/

WHOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

i got www.isp.com for a service provider...........their speed blows away aol, their program compresses web data to 1/5 of its original, i can load ebay in ten seconds b4 it took 20 secs, dl are a tad faster 2!!!!! and its only 12.99-month WHOHHHOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom