Asus U38DT Burned charger jack problem

Yes, but it is very expensive. I can buy new laptop at that price. You think it is unrepairable?

I dunno....
You'll have to get all that old solder off and out of around that port, replace it with a new port and see if it works (personally I think you toasted this board) Why is there a red wire in there? it probably damaged other parts when it shorted out. If you can not de-solder and solder then take it into to somebody that can. I think your wasting your $$$ on attempting to fix this board

dont know how, i dont know why but laptop IS Turned on . I dont know how long IT Can work but now IT IS working. And IS warm i dont know why becouse coolers IS cleaned.

Yes how to "directly" ? And i pushed on laptop keyboard and he Turned off and then dont tuning on .

cool. can you explain how you would solder the charger directly to the board and the pros and cons doing this?
There are really no pros except that it would get the laptop working,also i am somewhat skilled with a soldering iron so that would not be that hard, the only reason i would do that is if there were no other options. The cons are obvious,resulting in your charger being permanently attached. I would have to look at the laptop to see if this was possible,but so long as the contacts were somewhat useable i might be able to pull it off of course, if the laptop was something i wouldn't want to use,i would only sell it i would not try to sell it like that i would most likely just strip it down.

EDIT: As for how i would do this i would cut the end off of the charger and then solder it to the contacts on the motherboard

EDIT:Your laptop doesn't happen to have a USB-C port does it?

Last edited:
No dont have usb-c, but charger have 2 cables and on Board (charging connectors) IS 6 soldered connectors.

Back
Top Bottom