b1gapl
toxicity_27
MikeFuryXP
Yamikotai
Nukem
CORROSIVE
Spud1200

Anyone under 1000 I stopped checking and that Was larry (238) at 1008

Before I went on deployment (to Japan) we were in the top 20 teams over-all on the Folding rosters and had over 50 active users folding. But since then we have lost a LOT of people and interest.

Yha.. I understand the power issue people have, to me it's where my hobby is, but the last economy downturn took most of our team out.

There's some great systems on here too, but no real intrest, but then again, 1 4p amd system is more ppd than our entire team, so i can see the lose of excitement.

I remember Burn everyday posting ppd charts...

I would fold on all my machines (3 more on top of my 2) but the electric bill is killing me right now.

But hey... whayagonnado?

If electricity wasn't so expensive, I would run all my computers 24/7, but I have to watch it, as my bill with no computers going for a month is $200, with them idle it shoots up, and at full power my bill CAN and DOES reach $600+ a month. Gotta love co-ops that control rates like crazy.

Wasn't all that bad till they installed the new meters that call the local office every 3 hours to report use, they now charge based on what you use and WHEN you use it... I try to have all my machines shut down and set on timers to turn on late at night to do folding and other things such as backups...

If electricity wasn't so expensive, I would run all my computers 24/7, but I have to watch it, as my bill with no computers going for a month is $200, with them idle it shoots up, and at full power my bill CAN and DOES reach $600+ a month. Gotta love co-ops that control rates like crazy.

Wasn't all that bad till they installed the new meters that call the local office every 3 hours to report use, they now charge based on what you use and WHEN you use it... I try to have all my machines shut down and set on timers to turn on late at night to do folding and other things such as backups...

Do what you have to man, I think thats mainly what I have been stressing to most people.
Find a perfect time or schedule to fold.
Since you are on those meters, if points dont mean much to you, why not setup for a4 and a3 quick folding ?
No big advantage WU means your work takes atleast less than 8-12 hours a day.

You dont have to take me seriously, but why not try folding from 11pm-7am every 2 or 3 days ?
Personally I have started doing that because I have my computer being at use or my electric bill will shoot up pass 210.00 on the beginning of next month.

If I had my main pc and I could talk with paton one and one and see which folding wu's work best for people, I would atleast attempt to write up a guide and have it approve by him and mods here.

All workis important.

I run 24/7 obviously, on 2 cpu's.. My 950 and my dual xeon... I've stopped gpu folding to be effcient. Honestly why i switched to a 2p setup. But my bill 24/7 isn't even $200 a month... YAY Hydro.

An average smp, a3 unit runs 5hrs a unit. It nets 4600pts on my i7. (pts, not ppd) It'd be great to beable to schedual, and folks actually run custom .bat to run it schedualed. But if you really wanted, you could run 1 smp unit a night .

But hey, it's your finacial situation.. Not mine. So do as you wish, And I'll do it my way.

As of right now I'm running 2 machines 24/7, an SMP and a GPU each. Looking to add in 2 more GPUs or at least 1 more.

Since moving to a new place my electricity bill has gone down. Got rid of several big appliances. Though my plan is to fold while the weather here is still cool. When the weather hits spring I'll probably go down to 1 machine. And in the summer I'll probably just run 1 GPU, because my family likes to use fans and AC.

I'm using one of those Kill-A-Watt gadgets to monitor my folding rigs and according to it folding cost about $20/month. Is that alot for folding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom