Artifacts, but without rhyme or reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't ready to throw in the towel, yet.

I OC it after I got it, but have run stock since them, as BF2 doesn't like OC. I'm about to install Omega drivers, and need to get a can of air... it was dusty, but not too bad.

If it is shot, I should still be under warranty.

Well, running ATITool to control the fan speed (roughly 50%+) and using Omega drivers, I played about 45 minutes of BF2 without artifacts. this was on Jalalabad (lots of sand), and then playing bomber on Daqang. I'll keep an eye on it, and look up my warranty info just in case.

Got a lot of artifacts on BF2 last night, so I spoke too soon. I emailed Sapphire's tech support, as I want to give them chance to determine for themselves that the card is going bad. ZZF no longer carries it (too old), so I have no choice but to go through Sapphire.

sucks man....right now i have high temp issues with my card.....hopefully the new cooler will take care of that tomorrow.

I'm idling at 61 with the fan at 50%. I don't know if that is overly high or not, to be honest.

That seems a bit hot. Even in my setup my fan is at 40% and idles at 53. Under load i am lucky to get to 64. Really heavy load i get jsut about 70. So it does seems a tad hot.

rma time no doubt, I've fried two video cards by overclocking so I know the situation fairly well. One of them was a 6600gt I barely OC'd, used it for a few weeks & slightly increased it clock speed again, was on the last level of far cry & get artifacts all over the place the instant I shot a rocket launcher.

I immediately removed the OC and even underclocked it, but would artifacts would show up again all over the screen after a minute or so.

I'm idling at 61 with the fan at 50%. I don't know if that is overly high or not, to be honest.

Yeah, my idle is the same, and its not good. With this new cooler, i should drop my temps quite a bit. My x1650gt idles at 40C and on full load never goes past 60C, its the HIS one with the vga silencer dual slot cooler. Wish my 8800gt did the same temps.

If you do rma the card, try to get them to send you at least an hd3850:) .

That seems a bit hot. Even in my setup my fan is at 40% and idles at 53. Under load i am lucky to get to 64. Really heavy load i get jsut about 70. So it does seems a tad hot.

You have an 8600gt right? That card gets nowhere as hot as mine or trotters...x1900 and 8800 class cards are some heaters lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom