anyone familiar with Planet Side 2 crashes

Pegasus88

Baseband Member
I've been playing Planet Side for about 2 weeks now and i keep having reoccurring problem, I'll be playing the game then all of a sudden the game closes completely, this happens completely at random. I ran MSI Intel extreme tuning utility and MSI afterburner to see whats happening when it crashes. afterburner doesn't show anything weird but the tuning utility shows a spike in CPU usage at the event of the crash but the temps were completely normal. I have had the same problems with and without OC gene overclock. has anyone had a simililar problem if so what did you guys do to fix it??

I can't answer your question specifically, but I can tell you that Planetside 2 has a lot of problems and we've had a lot of threads here go unanswered due to weird crashes. This game and one other game specifically that the name evades my memory at the moment.

Ultra graphics be damned...This is why I will play this game on my shiny new console. As far as the crashing

Have you tried uninstalling graphics card and direct x drivers? I troubleshoot on feel and less on technical prowess and that feels like a driver issue.

its not the GPU by the looks of it, i think its either CPU or my modem

Just out of Curiosity... what is your GPU? I don't think it's specifically your GPU but I share Last's opinion on being a possible driver issue (more specifically because Nvidia drivers have been kinda crashing or messing up on a lot of games lately...

So either having a Nvidia card will make the drivers suspect or saying AMD will put this possibility to rest.

(Nvidia community forum had some posts of PlanetSide 2 Crashing due to driver issues)

For the record, the game never crashed on me, and Nvidia card user here.

If I remember, you are still running the 314.22 (or so) drivers though right?
It's just a thought since I don't know what GPU or drivers he has if it is an Nvidia :D

If I remember, you are still running the 314.22 (or so) drivers though right?
It's just a thought since I don't know what GPU or drivers he has if it is an Nvidia :D
Not anymore. I updated to the latest WHQL last week, 320.49. I got a significant boost in Crysis 3 performance which I needed since I was playing it again.

Not anymore. I updated to the latest WHQL last week, 320.49. I got a significant boost in Crysis 3 performance which I needed since I was playing it again.

M'kay, then nevermind ^_^

I would like to update as well, but staying at 314.22 (or whatever) until the BF3 thing is either fixed or I know for sure I won't be playing BF3 at all.

Back
Top Bottom