Android 2.4/4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich Photo Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Sources: RootzWiki - Ice Cream Sandwich Pics [RootzWiki Exclusive]
Exclusive Leak: First Android Ice Cream Sandwich Screenshots, Plus More ICS Details

x04tD.png

PSYec.png

wm_IMG_20110810_181710_thumb1.jpg

Let the rumors begin lol.

I saw them. Visually it's kind of meh compared to earlier versions, though there's possibly just not much visible difference. The only interesting thing I've noticed is the Apps / Widgets / Market tabs on the homescreen.

And looks like a task switcher or something on the homescreen as well. But yeah, I think it's mostly supposed to be just UI improvements.

•Blue Themed - Like our site (Change theme on bottom)
•Camera has built in panorama mode
•Will launch with Google Shopper and NFC Enabled devices will be able to utilize those features
•Gmail is all rethemed
•Will be available for the Nexus S
•Nexus Prime gets it first (expected) then other devices will follow after
•Not too many changes, just UI things, don't think requirements are set too high for year old devices to run it
•The little icon in the bottom right, looks like a tray with multiple apps in it
•Google search bar embedded on very top like Honeycomb
•Apps/Widgets launcher a lot like Honeycomb
•This release is still very early, notice the theming of the power tray

According to RootzWiki

That would entirely depend on your phone's maufacturer, their upgrade policy, and whether your phone will support 2.4/4.0.

That looks pretty good, any info on when our phones will be updated?

They may never be updated. It is brand new and not even officially released. No one will have that info yet. It isnt even being tested by manufacturers. They are still trying to roll out GingerBread fully.

That looks pretty good, any info on when our phones will be updated?
This is only a leak, so only time will tell. The Nexus Prime and S are the only ones supposedly confirmed to get it right now.

That would entirely depend on your phone's maufacturer, their upgrade policy, and whether your phone will support 2.4/4.0.
From what I've read, devices up to a year old should be fine running ICS. It's not much performance increase, mostly just UI tweaks (besides the other tweaks listed above). The Nexus S isn't that powerful of a device, so a lot of devices should support it. But yes, it depends on the upgrade policy of the phone carrier mostly. My Incredible isn't going to officially get Gingerbread, but there's been ports/leaks out for several months now that are stable.

They may never be updated. It is brand new and not even officially released. No one will have that info yet. It isnt even being tested by manufacturers. They are still trying to roll out GingerBread fully.
There isn't even a leak out yet for Dev's to play with yet. I'm sure my Incredible won't officially be getting ICS either... this is why I rooted my phone, so I can keep using it after it's been EOL'd by VZW.

It's unlikely my Galaxy S will get it officially, though I'll most likely be installing CyanogenMod when it updates with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom