Ack! Incorrect md5 sum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerZero

Baseband Member
Okay, I downloaded all five CDs worth of SuSE 9.3 pro. I ran an md5sum checker, and they all checked out. But then I burn them, and YaSt says their md5 sums are incorrect! Obviously, I need better burning software. Does anyone know of a decent Windows XP burner (for free or under $10) I can use so I can put SuSE on my machine?

Deepburner is worth a look, it's free, very simple to use and supports most burners. I've used it to burn iso's countless times with no problems.

Is it just me or do an incredible number of windows users have problems burning disks? Doesnt windows XP have builtin in burning software? If so, doesnt it do iso's?

Same Nero for me has no problems the windows one really does suck. I didnt even think it supported ISO files to burn :p.

well it has to have either a command line based app or DLL to make iso's or you cant burn disks period

It doesn't have the built-in capability - at least, the Home edition doesn't - so I downloaded the first ISO-capable burner I found nearly a year ago. I don't want to shell out the $ for Nero, though, so I think I'll give DeepBurner a shot and post again to tell how it went. Thanks everyone!

Try MagicISO that is how I burn all my linux from and also make sure when u download these they are in ISO Format then burn the iso to the cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom