FarCry 2 Analysis..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought FarCry2, and it runs pretty well on my E6550, 2GB, 512MB-8800GT, XP pro rig. With 2xAA, 16xAF and almost everything except shadows (medium) turned to Very High, HDR Off, Bloom On, I get about 23-50 FPS at 1920x1200. If I go down to 1680x1050, it runs really smoothly. Played only for about 30 mins, but it seems to be a decent game. Probably that opinion will change once I encounter bugs lol.

Things I've learned about Africa from Far Cry 2:

1) Everyone wants you dead.
2) Everyone has a gun, and want you dead.
3) Everyone wants you dead and can instantly identify you as an enemy.
4) There are hundreds of hidden soldiers ready to take their deceased comrade's place at road checkpoints even MINUTES after they die
5) Buddies MUST talk to you face to face, they can't simply inform you about a mission over the **** phone.
6) You're mute.
7) In order to have a conversation you must "use" them after every sentence they speak.
8) You can take 20+ AK-47 rounds, but if you fall more than 12 feet you die.
9) An AK-47 disintegrates into rust after about shooting more than a few hundred rounds.

Simply this game is okay, I would give it a 8.3/10. The AI ruins just about everything. Yeah, you have this awesome huge environment, except you must run through 100 militia checkpoints that respawn every minute. Heck, they don't even have to aim at you to hit you, many times I've seen an enemy facing the other way shooting, yet his bullets are flying in my face. There are some just "Wow, that's freaking cool" moments then a few minutes later your cussing about some dumb aspect of the game. For example, there is a fishing village with an exit via river. Except the big fishing boats (not the little patrol boats) can't go down the river exit because it's too shallow!

PC Gamer definitely jumped the gun when they gave this game a 94%, it simply doesn't execute the way it should.

4) There are hundreds of hidden soldiers ready to take their deceased comrade's place at road checkpoints even MINUTES after they die
5) Buddies MUST talk to you face to face, they can't simply inform you about a mission over the **** phone.
6) You're mute.
7) In order to have a conversation you must "use" them after every sentence they speak.
9) An AK-47 disintegrates into rust after about shooting more than a few hundred rounds.

Simply this game is okay, I would give it a 8.3/10. The AI ruins just about everything. Yeah, you have this awesome huge environment, except you must run through 100 militia checkpoints that respawn every minute. Heck, they don't even have to aim at you to hit you, many times I've seen an enemy facing the other way shooting, yet his bullets are flying in my face. There are some just "Wow, that's freaking cool" moments then a few minutes later your cussing about some dumb aspect of the game. For example, there is a fishing village with an exit via river. Except the big fishing boats (not the little patrol boats) can't go down the river exit because it's too shallow!

PC Gamer definitely jumped the gun when they gave this game a 94%, it simply doesn't execute the way it should.

I would maybe give this a 5/10, the way the AI acts and the excessive amount of checkpoints, among many other things really does ruin this game. I get so frustrated playing this game.

6) You're mute.

Correct. I anticipate the patch for FarCry 2 to actually be larger than the initial game.

o_O yeah. I don't get text, just voice. Maybe it's just something in options?

Googled the gamestop code thing for kicks, was one of the first few links and it worked. only done one or two of the missions so far but pretty neat. More missions never hurts.

I checked options. Very lackluster sound options. You basically can Master volume up or down and turn music on and off. Thats it... Turns out I simply had my control panel sound options set up for surrond sound but was using headphones when playing. Silly mistake.

6) You're mute.
HAHA...go Africa!

I was getting an insane amount of crashes. Turns out the RAM i got was bunk. I put in my old Reapers and haven't had one crash or bug since. Technical issues out of the way, I've been able to focus on gameplay a little more. I think the game is fun. The AI issues are pretty bad, but I just drive around the checkpoints if I haven't already unlocked them. They do need to do something to level it out though. As said, some will shoot through dense brush and wail on you - others will be staring at the corner of a building and I can head shot them from 1 ft. away. Things are starting to get pretty repetitive at this point and I'm only like 10% done!

I certainly wouldn't give this game a 94%....maybe like 70-75%.

haha beefcake. so im not crazy and they WERE shooting in random directions and hitting me XD i'm glad someone else seen it too.

After playing it more i've noticed the AI / set-up is pretty weak. Annoying having to drive everywhere. Might be better if everyone in the world wasn't against you, maybe someone to go up to and interact with. Or someone on your side at all, jump in a car with ya, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom