2142 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
So, when I'm trying to load a map in 2142 it'll stop at approximately 60% and then it won't load anymore. The game doesn't freezer because I can still hear the music and the cursor will move, although it won't unload resources once it's stopped loading. I've tried this on both low and high settings, I've also tried to reinstall 2142 and update PunkBuster. The game has worked perfectly on this system before, so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

it always stops at that percentage. you just have to be patient, especially if its loading the shaders, but that will only happen once.

Ive had that before, but only once and ive had the game since launch day.

If you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling+ updating punkbuster im not sure what else theres left to try

My bud had the same problem, and I found this posted over at the [H]. It fixed his issue, so give it a shot.

1. right click your 2142 icon and go to properties

2. click on the "find target" button

3. in the window that just came up go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View

4. now, find the box that says "show hidden files and folders" click it so it is checked.
Now scroll jsut a litte below that and find the box that says "Hide protected operating system files [recommended], uncheck that box and then hit ok.

5. now find the folder named 'radial.cdb' and re-name it to oradial.cdb

that will fix the problem where the map will stop a little past half-way.

You can delete radial.cdb instead of renaming it if you're not worried about backing up the file.

so how come i somehow fixed it without using that method? im sure it just started working after reinstalling, but i dont know why it doesnt work for this chap

My bud had the same problem, and I found this posted over at the [H]. It fixed his issue, so give it a shot.

1. right click your 2142 icon and go to properties

2. click on the "find target" button

3. in the window that just came up go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View

4. now, find the box that says "show hidden files and folders" click it so it is checked.
Now scroll jsut a litte below that and find the box that says "Hide protected operating system files [recommended], uncheck that box and then hit ok.

5. now find the folder named 'radial.cdb' and re-name it to oradial.cdb

that will fix the problem where the map will stop a little past half-way.

You can delete radial.cdb instead of renaming it if you're not worried about backing up the file.

that actually worked for me perfectly. thanks a million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom