The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kinds of temps do you run, b1gapl? I'm hitting upper 80's. I'm going to rig up a duct to allow fresh air to be sucked in by my card... hopefully that'll help until I get some better thermal paste and/or cooler.

80c?....wow those XTs run pretty hot. Mine is the PRO though, and I have a VF900 slapped on it. It's 50C on load with no AC. With AC, it's like 45C load.

Just checked their forums... beta 5 GPU client is up for DL, as well. I'll be getting it once I get home.

Just checked their forums... beta 5 GPU client is up for DL, as well. I'll be getting it once I get home.

once i get a new system.... i'm gonna be a major folding at home contributor..... but if i wanted to run on my system... would the standalone version completely slow my system?

Depends on what you're doing, while you're running the folding client. If you were to use an application, that is CPU instensive, you'd experience some lag and slow performance. Like when I'm running the GPU client, I can't play games.

Finally I can post, without the approval of the mods. Thanks for fixing it, mods!

Depends on what you're doing, while you're running the folding client. If you were to use an application, that is CPU instensive, you'd experience some lag and slow performance. Like when I'm running the GPU client, I can't play games.

Finally I can post, without the approval of the mods. Thanks for fixing it, mods!

oh lol so can i.... usually i post on TF, maybe i'll get a book or something :)

While running SMP, I can actually use the computer normally. I can even play CSS, while it's running. Although it's not that demanding.

Before though, I use to run two instances of the regular console, along with a GPU client, and the whole system was slower.

Buddy Ive played Supreme commander and farcry on max Settings with SMP Folding running. NO laghs, or anything.

And ive had up to 600 units in supreme commander sometimes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom